lsass.exe error - continuous reboots

G

After using the recovery console to try and repair a bluescreen error I was getting, I started getting the "lsass.exe - system error: When trying to update a password, this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct." every time I turned the computer on. The error appeared before the screen that allows you to pick a profile. Each time this error was displayed, my system would reboot and do the same thing over again.

I ran a repair installation of windows XP and now a screen appears that says "Setup is being restarted....." then the above lsass.exe error appears again. and my computer is rebooting in a continous cycle.

What can I possibly do to fix this mess? Thanks.

G

law_russ said:
After using the recovery console to try and repair a bluescreen error I was getting, I started getting the "lsass.exe - system error: When trying to update a password, this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct." every time I turned the computer on. The error appeared before the screen that allows you to pick a profile. Each time this error was displayed, my system would reboot and do the same thing over again.

I ran a repair installation of windows XP and now a screen appears that says "Setup is being restarted....." then the above lsass.exe error appears again. and my computer is rebooting in a continous cycle.

G

law_russ said:

G

sounds like you have the sasser worm and it causes lsass to do this-you need to remove the worm.

G

Disconnect from internet-restart-as soon as windows appear-click start-run type cmd,press enter type shutdown -1 press enter dialog open-click add,type compter name-click ok in the warning field type 9999- type this text in comment box--Delay Lsass.exe shutdown click ok
reconnect to the internet and get the patch-otherwise this will keep coming up.

Ask a Question