Looking for someone more helpful than Cube247

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Oh well - I shall just refer any guests/members seeking recommendations for where to purchase or whether they should buy from Cube to this thread and let them make their own minds up....

Fair one mate, 13 hits in 1 day so to be reasonable say 200 - 250 in a month???

I know that some who read the thread will go ahead and purchase a PC anyway, and why not its only a sole account and one sided.

But still, i think its a hell of a lot of business to be losing.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Response from Cube247......

This evening I received a details response by email from Cube247.

I am not going to copy it here or make quotes as it would be unfair to do so - however I can say the following in general terms:

Cube dispute that at the time of order the customer requested Windows XP 32Bit or mentioned using with older applications, and this can be verified by audio tapes of the order conversation. They supplied XP 64Bit rather than 32Bit because his spec has 8GB of RAM and the OS would have to be 64Bit to utilise this.

I believe this is fair, reasonable and sensible on Cubes part.

Regarding being put through to the Company Secretary, this was at the customers request when requesting to speak to a senior member of staff. Cube rightly say that a 'Company Secretary' is indeed one of the most senior company positions in a Company and should to not be confused with a regular secretary.

They point out that the Company Secretary is not technically minded and would not be able to respond to technical questions and would only be in a position to respond to a complaints about staff/service and not about specific technical details which could only be dealt with by the Sales staff and Technicians. It would appear that this may have frustrated the customer.

As regards the Graphics Cards, they point out that the system is not advertised as a gaming system, but a Small Office/Home Office system and hence high gaming cards are not fitted and would needlessly push up the price for those seeking a non-gaming system.

They acknowledge that they did not fit ATi cards as advertised, however they point out that the fitting of the nVidia 9500GT 1GB cards was in the customers favour as they are more expensive and more powerful than the ATi 2600 cards they would normally have used - and like similar companies they reserve the right to substitute with equal or higher specification components.

They tested the cards on the PC's return and found that they were both working after being setup correctly.

They have now purchased and fitted ATi 3470 Dual DVI cards as a gesture of goodwill in response to the customers request to have ATi cards with all 4 DVI inputs, although this was not within the original spec nor specified at time of order.

The PC was collected from the customer last Friday, arrived with them yesterday and and they delivered it back the customer today.

All in all I think Cubes response to be pretty fair and reasonable now that we have the opposite side to the story.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, as ever there are two sides to every story.

A company secretary, incidentally, is in many ways the most senior member of a company.

I can see two sides to this saga, with both sides being a little in the wrong and it serves to remind me never to accept what people say who feel they have been wronged to be completely accurate.

I also wonder whether Cube247 would have been so responsive and helpful had it not been for this instance being made public.

Myself, I'd have stuck with the Nvidia cards, much better, lol, some people seem to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Weighing everything up I think each party were, how shall we say, a bit naughty, but I'm pleased to see a positive outcome and give a nod in Cube247's direction for being honourable.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I also wonder whether Cube247 would have been so responsive and helpful had it not been for this instance being made public.
To be fair, the offer of replacing the cards etc was made to the customer on 25th Sept (post #6) prior to my email, so was happening anyway.

Ask a Question