Logon Win2000

G

Dear Friends,

I have a problem login in my Domain server.

I have 1 server win 2000 with basic configuration like AD, DNS, DHCP, and IIS.

In My Xp clients I configure the clients to log on in the AD server. Everything work normally, but is so much slowly.

In the Active Directory and don't configure anything my clients in win98 work normally and is faster.

This occour only in the clients with WinXP

I have read and want to know if anyone can helpme, I see that I can configure the policy settings of the AD, can this is the problem?

There are any configuration in the client or in the server that make the logon more faster ?

If anyone can help me.

Thanks so much

Cristiano

S

Steven L Umbach

First make sure your dns is configured correctly for the domain. Your domain
controller must point to itself as it's preferred dns server in tcp/ip properties and
the XP Pro computers must point only to the AD domain controller for dns. Never list
any ISP dns servers as a preferred dns server on any W2K/XP Pro domain computers.
Since you are having problems it would be a good idea to run first netdiag and then
dcdiag on your domain controller and then netdiag on one of your XP Pro computers
looking for failed tests/errors/fatal warnings.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301423 --- how to install
netdiag and dcdiag

If all that checks out, then go to your Domain Controller Security Policy and under
security settings/local policies/security options find the option for "digitally sign
communications always" for client and server and set them both to disabled. Then do
the same for Domain Security Policy. Rune secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy
enforce on the domain controller and reboot an XP Pro computer to see if it helps.
There are known issues where smb signing is used in a W2K domain with XP Pro SP1
clients. --- Steve

Cristiano Parisotto said:
Dear Friends,

I have a problem login in my Domain server.

I have 1 server win 2000 with basic configuration like AD, DNS, DHCP, and IIS.

In My Xp clients I configure the clients to log on in the AD server. Everything
work normally, but is so much slowly.
In the Active Directory and don't configure anything my clients in win98 work normally and is faster.

This occour only in the clients with WinXP

I have read and want to know if anyone can helpme, I see that I can configure the
policy settings of the AD, can this is the problem?

Ask a Question