Logitech MX1000 and firefox problem

Reaction score
Hello all,

i just aquired my new mx1000 however as soon as set it up i noticed the back and forward buttons on the side do not work with firefox but they do with internet explorer.

surely there must be a way to use them with firefox or i will have to go back to IE because manually pressing the button is time consuming and i am just very lazy :p

suggestions please, really cant convert back to IE ... it sucks!

thanks alot
G~MAN

Edit: bad grammar :O

Reaction score
it obviously doesn't suck that much!

With IE and my mouse i can go back and forward, back and forward, back and forward all day!

I might just do it now, just because i can, back and forward, back and forward.

;)

I honestly have no idea why it doesn't work with firefox, in my experience not alot does work with firefox.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Techy, pack it in, it don't suit you ... I'm the sarcastic bugger around here. ;)

G~MAN, your right, it don't work ... I have only had my MX1000 for a few days also.

I don't use the side button for 'back & forward' ... I reprogramed them for a double-click instead. It is what I am use to on my MX700

Also, I use tabs anyway and its just a click away.

However, I did some research ... This is a known minor bug. See http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=122578&highlight=logitech+mouse . Basically, just remap the forward button with the keystrokes "Alt+Right Arrow" and the back button "Alt+Left Arrow", and all will be well. http://forums.logitech.com/pe/forums/displaypost.jsp?postID=10120848#

Enjoy Firefox.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Haha! sorted

really easy actually, i just uninstalled the software that came with it 'Setpoint' really sucky software and not even needed...

Haha who's better now bitch? back, forward, back and forward :p o and spam free :)

thanks for the replys :)

Reaction score
IE without any spyware you get a hella of a loada pop ups ;) firefox you get .... none :)

u may be safe and run scanners, but some people i know havent and are asking for trouble

Ask a Question