Local PC Manufacturers

Reaction score
There is a lot of threads about poor customer service from major PC manufacturers and failure to get responses from them.

I speak on behalf of local, reputable, independant computer shops who manufacture computer systems. I personally, manufacture computer systems with top-branded components with proven reliability and stability, complete with full burn-in test to check stability.

We may be slightly more expensive that the big boys, but at least we aren't faceless, offer the personal service and are local, in case things go wrong.

But of course, there are some cowboys who use the cheapest brands possible, with crappy build quality. It is usually best to check them out first, or indeed go by recommendation by other people who have bought from them.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Welcome ... always nice to see the other side of the coin. ;)

:thumb:

Reaction score
Thank you!

In the retail market where chain stores push off-the-shelf solutions, we do get overlooked, as people would assume that as we are small, we can't compete against the large manufacturers. This isn't always the case. There are (and I am thankful for them) people who insist on buying local, because of the customer service that us retailers provide.

It helps our reputation too that we manfuacture and supply to the local District Council and Leisure Services, whose offices used to be filled with Compaq PCs. Over the course of 3 years (out of the 5 years I have been in business) our systems have replaced all the Compaqs in the building (approximately 60). I have been told that our systems have outlasted the Compaqs, which show that we are doing something right.

So guys, if you are considering your next PC, us local independant stores who manufacture PCs can be every bit as reliable and reputable as the large manufacturers.

If there are any others in this forum who are manufacturing PCs, use reputable branded components - it may be slightly more expensive, but certainly gives better reliability and stabilty, which has been proven by our local District Council - it certainly pays off and helps with your credability and reputation in this highly competitive market. Don't be like the other cowboys who use cheap less-known brands and major-on-third brands. It doesn't pay - only the short term.

Ask a Question