Do we really have to put up with it

Reaction score
Hi, I only joined PC Review yesterday and was looking for some support because of poor service from Micro Direct, however looking at all the threads it seems that there are quite a few online retailers that have poor service and especially after they have taken your money.
Surely there is something we as online buyers can do to shame these companies that don't give a damn about us. After all if it wasn't for us they wouldn't have a business. I am not computer literate enough to start a website where all the poor companies can me named and shamed but there must be someone out there who can start one. Wouldn't it be good if there was such a website that comanies DID look at and were embarassed to be included on it, somewhere where new online buyers could instantly go to, to make sure they wern't being ripped off and also could chat to people with bad experiences of these companies and who could give good on hand advice on what to do.
Like I said I am still going through a bad experience with Micro Direct, I still don't have my components, my telephone bill is £15 to the worse because of this and I have ended up paying more for the components than I would have done if I just went to my local computer shop. I am learning my lesson the hard way but if I knew this forum was here three weeks ago I would have giver Micro Direct a miss.
I have a direct line number for a manager at MD given to me by mistake, so if anyone wants to know it let me know as it saves ringing their 0870 national rate number and being kept waiting for hours. Any information anyone can provide me such as managers/directors names would be appreciated as I am not going to let this matter drop but I need some help in getting my feelings over to them.

Thanks
Tyneside

Reaction score
Tyneside said:
I am not computer literate enough to start a website where all the poor companies can me named and shamed but there must be someone out there who can start one. Wouldn't it be good if there was such a website that comanies DID look at and were embarassed to be included on it, somewhere where new online buyers could instantly go to, to make sure they wern't being ripped off and also could chat to people with bad experiences of these companies and who could give good on hand advice on what to do.
Morning Tyneside,
The owner of this very forum has such an area

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/retailerratings.php

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, your right, I can't find any ONE site 'naming & shaming' ... must have a word with my Legal Beaver on what could be the repercussions on setting-up such a site. ;)

Phelon, well spotted, but a lot of sites have such a forum ... however, I cannot find a single site dedicated to 'naming & shaming' and what to do if you've been mistreated ... unless one visits your local Trading Standards Office to check, or your local Citizens Advice. It would be nice to find all the information in one place.

:D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

Try Ixiat (or Ixat) who do a good job of balanced feedback on everything you can imagine.

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for replying to my post.

http://www.ixat.net/ seems ok but who has heard of it? What I would like is a site that the public and companies know, somewhere if a company gives bad service then they know it will be on that site and will be shamed if it is. If a shamed site had a name and reputation like Google then everyone would remember it and companies would not want to have a bad reputation being on there.
I realise that lots of sites have forums but these arn't obvious in your face places to look. I just think that we are being ripped off all the time and don't see why we should put up with it, and the good companies are few and far between so why shouldn't the good companies be praised and then the customer will know where to go for good service.

Cheers
tyneside

Reaction score
Hi,
Well things have gone bad to worde with Micro Direct.
I didn't get the components on Wednesday and had to get back in touch with them again. They said they hadn't been posted yet!! Anyway I got them on Thursday morning but guess what ? There was no processor !! I got back in touch with them and they say it was in there when it was posted to me and because the packaging was not tampered with then.....
So it boils down to me being a liar and just saying it wasn't there, I feel gutted I now have no processor, cannot use my computer, have waited ages for MD to send it out , spent more than I wanted to, £15 on phone calls and now I'm a liar. I now have to go and buy a new processor..from a shop though definatley not online.
They said the only thing I can do is write to the manager.
Anyone reading this please don't go to www.microdirect.co.uk or .com
Anyone with problems getting though to MD I have direct telephone lines through to two managers and the Managing directors name and address, email me if you want them.

Reaction score
TynesideYou’re absolutely right. I have been thinking about making this web site for about two years. The trouble is. I can’t really commit the time and effort into the amounts I would expect from the public.

Its funny really, I have just posted a complaint about Samsung and all the problems they have just given to me. Within my dealings with Samsung. I accually contacted the So called trading Standard agency. You know what they said. NOTHING!. They sent me a pack to read – a flaming pack about my rights. I then had to spend two days reading it just so I could return to the shop and demand my money back. It’s a flaming joke.

Tyneside – He’s what I’ll do for you. I’ll promise you, I’ll never use Micro Direct and I’ll tell 10 people at work to tell ten people they know the same.

You do the same for me about Samsung – and that goes for anyone else who reads Tyneside comments.

My motto is – “You’re only a customer until they have your money”

Reaction score
Hi,
Its sad to say but unless someone with a bit of know how does something to stop these companies ripping people off then it will continue to go on. I eventually got a package from Micro Direct after waiting 15 days for them to test a motherboard and processor. Trouble is there was no processorin the package, however they told me it was on the montherboard " it wasn't " and I was more or less told I was a liar.
I'm all for telling people about samsung but to be honest doing this is water off a ducks back to these companies. I can imagine me telling people about Micro Direct and when they look at the impressive prices on their webpage they will will take a chance and buy it. If nothing goes wrong their service is great..next day delivery but its only when something goes wrong that they become a law upon themselves. I was told by a Mr. Romeen Partovnia ,Customer Services Manager, that they do not give refunds. This is against the law, and after about £15.00 of phone calls to Micro direct and umpteen discussions I eventually wrote a letter to their managing Director Mr Iqbal, with a copy of my phone bill and a threat of going to the Consumers Advice and printing his and his managers names on every forum along with their direct phone numbers and email addresses. I eventually got an email saying I was to get a refund. I don't have it yet so only time will tell, unfortunatley for them and unlike some other people I never give up and I will hound them until I get what I am entitled to.
I think these companies hope that customers will just give up and put it down to bad luck or something,which a lot of people do, so they get away with it. I am all for giving these companies a bad name and my personal opinion is that only a webpage that is so in their faces will make a change to their take your money and run attitude.

Cheers
Tyneside

Reaction score
Hi

I would really appreciate those contact numbers for MicroDirect management as I'm having a real NIGHTMARE with them. I was put on hold for 1hr and 30mins (on an 0870 number!) and STILL didn't manage to get through. If I ring Amtrak I get the same deal, though they simply don't answer rather than put me on hold. Their parcel 'tracking' website tells me my parcel has already been delivered despite me not having even received a 'attempted delivery' card!! The whole thing is pathetic.

Simply dont buy from Microdirect, you might save now but YOU WILL pay later.

Tyneside said:
Hi,
Well things have gone bad to worde with Micro Direct.
I didn't get the components on Wednesday and had to get back in touch with them again. They said they hadn't been posted yet!! Anyway I got them on Thursday morning but guess what ? There was no processor !! I got back in touch with them and they say it was in there when it was posted to me and because the packaging was not tampered with then.....
So it boils down to me being a liar and just saying it wasn't there, I feel gutted I now have no processor, cannot use my computer, have waited ages for MD to send it out , spent more than I wanted to, £15 on phone calls and now I'm a liar. I now have to go and buy a new processor..from a shop though definatley not online.
They said the only thing I can do is write to the manager.
Anyone reading this please don't go to www.microdirect.co.uk or .com
Anyone with problems getting though to MD I have direct telephone lines through to two managers and the Managing directors name and address, email me if you want them.

Reaction score
I recently suffered at the hands of microdirect customer service. They sent me the wrong item as part of my order and it took me two months and many emails to get a full refund including my return postage costs.

The customer service manager is called 'Romeen Partovnia' and his direct dial is 0161 947 7379. This may save you 20 mins on hold just to be told "he's away from his desk".
Their customer service is a disgrace.

Reaction score
im always anxious when ordering online, but so far aint had ne problems

except i found that the whole rma procedure v annoying!

Reaction score
You are right Tyneside.. we have to do something!!!

I've just filled a complain with Trading Standards https://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk , and i don't know if one is going to help, but if EVERYBODY can send a complain telling what has happened I'm sure this would help... another suggestion is to contact the Watchdog http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/ (just select online shopping and fill the questionnaire) the more the better.. so please don't hesitate to write!!! Is just 5 min!! Since I had a problem with MicroDirect when I ordered some computer parts for my company (suddenly after two weeks Awaiting Despatch they decided to cancel without notice) I've read lots of complains on the web (check http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/retailer/991/reviews ).. we are consumers and we have RIGHTS!! So lets do something!!!

THANKS!! (Please make the complain !!!)Irene Martinez

Reaction score
Dont know why but i think there linked to microland technology that have just gone bump which was basically exactly the same site. I think there going put microdirect into liquidation and i got a funny feeling im also going be a victim of these cowboys. I aint had any problem ordering online, bar these. Dont let these people put you off. Im covered by barclaycard so i just gotta wait a month. If they dont go into liquidation, im sure there's plenty of bad reports going around now to make sure there future is sort lived!

Ask a Question