literate, but not with computers...

G

I write a newspaper column. Is it possible to put it on a floppy that is compatible with a system that uses Macintosh or must I continue to use my old system? I have tried, to no avail, and have been told this isn't possible. True?

G

Not true, you can save it in a format that will work on your MAC. The better solution however would be to just upload it to the web & then download it when you get to work. Your internet provider probably provides you with webspace.

"I will use Google before asking stupid questions."

D

David Candy

Macs read PC floppies (cause most of the world uses PC floppies). PCs do not read Mac floppies (without special software). Detail EXACTLY what happens when you try.

G

As someone with PC's & Macs, I can tell you that's not true. If you have Office on a MAC and PC, they read each other's files quite nicely. Yes, MAC's will read a PC floppy, assuming that your MAC has a floppy which most don't. The solution is either to email to your mac (I do this all the time if it isn't on the network and have a separate mac email address) or I use an external hard drive or usb mini drive to move files. I also go between clients' computers of both formats and have found that an external drive or minidrive works well for both. Just make sure when you buy it that it does work with both. Another solution is Virtual PC for Mac. When I travel with my mac I use that so I can have all my PC-only programs and my mac stuff in one place. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question