List giving all the files in a directory ?

BT

Hi all,

Can you suggest a prog that will list all the files, on screen and/or
print them, such as the main directory, its sub directories with files,
its subs with files etc.

Thanks in advance

Dave

lisztfr

BT a écrit :
Hi all,

Can you suggest a prog that will list all the files, on screen and/or
print them, such as the main directory, its sub directories with files,
its subs with files etc.

Thanks in advance

Dave

C:> DIR /S > list.txt

laurent h

Susan Bugher

BT said:
Hi all,

Can you suggest a prog that will list all the files, on screen and/or
print them, such as the main directory, its sub directories with files,
its subs with files etc.

I like Karen's Directory Printer. That and more apps are listed here:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_FILEUTILITIES.php#1.00DirectoryPrinter

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Henry The Mole

Hello, BT!
You wrote on Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:59:15 +0100:
Can you suggest a prog that will list all the files, on screen and/or
print them, such as the main directory, its sub directories with
files, its subs with files etc.

I really like Directory Lister, freeware for non-commercial use:
http://www.krksoft.com/

Kindly regards.

Elf Wizard

lisztfr said:
BT a écrit :

C:> DIR /S > list.txt

laurent h

Hi Dave, Hi Laurent, Hi all, :)

I really like this solution for my system (creating the list.txt and
viewing with Notepad).
Just a small addition. If you don't want the entire disk's contents,
but only 1 subdirectory, try GOD from here:
http://www.jacarandabill.com/index.php#products (scroll at the bottom
of page).
Its like MS PowerToy or X-Setup's plugin ("it gives you the Command
Prompt when you right click on a folder"), but it has the feature to
keep history of opening folders, so its easy to reopen Command Prompt
there, without navigating all the way back, through Windows Explorer.

Thanks!!!
Giorgos. :)

Lou

Elf said:
Hi Dave, Hi Laurent, Hi all, :)

I really like this solution for my system (creating the list.txt and
viewing with Notepad).
Just a small addition. If you don't want the entire disk's contents,
but only 1 subdirectory, try GOD from here:
http://www.jacarandabill.com/index.php#products (scroll at the bottom
of page).
Its like MS PowerToy or X-Setup's plugin ("it gives you the Command
Prompt when you right click on a folder"), but it has the feature to
keep history of opening folders, so its easy to reopen Command Prompt
there, without navigating all the way back, through Windows Explorer.

Thanks!!!
Giorgos. :)

You do not need a program just do a CD (Change Directory) before doing the dir
stuff.

i.e.
C:cd \windows\system
dir /S /A > mylist.txt

OR dir \windows\system /S /A > mylist.txt

Note any DOS command has /? for more help

meow2222

lisztfr said:
BT a écrit :

C:> DIR /S > list.txt

laurent h

Or if you want to add various info about the files, theres another good
directory lsiter program called LS

NT