Windows 7 Linksys WMP54G Drivers

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Moved from old thread : The card is a Linksys WMP54G btw and Linksys have so far refused to publish Win 7 drivers for it, despite it being an extremely common card.

Good job you mentioned that as I saw those exact drivers about 5 mins ago, I kid you not :D http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost....946&postcount=1

Thanks Ian. Not wishing to drift too far off topic here's the reply I gave to Thrax over at Icrontic, quite self explanatory really:

Thanks for posting this Thrax but I'm having no luck installing these drivers.

I have a Linksys WMP54G wireless card and Win 7 32 bit installed on a hard disk all to itself (HDD caddy). I haven't been able to get online at all so therefore can't get the Win 7 update for drivers for this card.
This is probably my problem.

I downloaded the drivers you supplied (thank you) but my problem is the card isn't listed in device manager.

I have several 'Other devices' listed in device manager amongst them two unknown devices, a network controller and a DVC170 which I don't know what it is.

All of these Other Devices don't like the drivers I've downloaded from here and will not install them.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

As an aside, Win 7 has just informed me the activation period has expired and I therefore do not have a genuine copy of Windows. Well, that's because I can't get online to activate it...

The machine spec (which is working flawlessly with Win XP Pro) and which is probably more than you need to know but I just cut and pasted this info:

Asus M2N sli Deluxe motherboard
AMD Athlon AM2 XP6400+ 3.2Ghz dual core CPU
Noctua NH-U12F CPU Cooler with 2 x 120mm fans
2Gb Corsair XMS DDR2 6400C5 memory
BFG Nvidia 8800GTS 640Mb Video card
Creative Audigy 2 Sound Card
Linksys Wireless WMP54G V4.1 Network card
Sata II Caddies For Primary drive x 3 housing:
250Gb Samsung SATA II Hard Disk (Win XP)
160Gb Maxtor SATA II Hard Disk (For Linux Distros)
160Gb Maxtor SATA II Hard Disk (For Linux Distros)
Storage Hard Disks:
320Gb Samsung SATA II Hard Disk
750Gb Samsung SATA II Hard Disk
Western Digital 120Gb Hard Disks x 2
Dazzle Platinum USB Video/Audio interface breakout box
Antec Sonata Case
Corsair 650W Non Modular PSU
Plextor 800A 18 x DVDRW PATA
Asus DVD-ROM PATA
A Floppy Drive
Logitech corded G5 Laser Mouse
Logitech flat compact keyboard, corded
Samsung 22” 2232BW Glossy Black Pebble Monitor
Pioneer A300 80wpc amplifier
A pair of Bush SPK2025 Loudspeakers
HP Photosmart 7960 Inkjet Printer

PS: I could make up a CAT 5 cable to run between rooms from the Linksys wireless card to the linksys wirelss router/modem which has four hardwired ports. I could then enable onboard LAN and probably get the rudimentary drivers for the wireless card from MS - do you think this may be my only option?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Might be worth splitting this thread off in to the Windows 7 forum once you've read this (not done it myself in case you miss it), but as those drivers above are only the 64 bit version (only noticed in Thrax's reply) there's a slim chance that these ones will work for you:

http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/d...AU-2.1.0.0_VA-2.1.0.0_120908_1.0.7.0_Free.exe

You'll need to force install them though.

Fingers crossed :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Gimme 30 minutes or so so I can swap out HDD's and d/l those drivers direct to the relevant machine. Thanks :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Gimme 30 minutes or so so I can swap out HDD's and d/l those drivers direct to the relevant machine. Thanks :)

Done it for you :) Just wanted to make sure you saw the post before it was split :thumb:

Ask a Question