link problem moving 300 pages from 1 website to 2nd site

G

I am trying to split an existing website into two parts. The new site will include 300 plus pages from the 1st site. The 300 pages are virtually all descended from one page on the original site.

I have tried to publish the original web to the new web. Images and pages transfer fine, but none of the links work. The same think happened when I tried to import the files from the Internet.

The pages are just linked to each other...hyperlink shows "pagename.htm", not the full URL. Also, I can use "control . click" to exercise the hyperlink, so they are linked...but, in Preview, nothing happens.

Also, if I use "control . click" on a thumbnail image, the full size image is opening in Paint Shop Pro and not in Front Page.

Is there a simple way to activate the links, I should mention that I am using FP2002. Also, I have not yet reserved the new domain so there is not a URL for the new site yet - is that the issue?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

The preview click is affected by an IE update
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823720
What happens when you preview in browser

--

| I am trying to split an existing website into two parts. The new site will include 300 plus pages from the 1st site. The 300 pages
are virtually all descended from one page on the original site.
|
| I have tried to publish the original web to the new web. Images and pages transfer fine, but none of the links work. The same
think happened when I tried to import the files from the Internet.
|
| The pages are just linked to each other...hyperlink shows "pagename.htm", not the full URL. Also, I can use "control . click" to
exercise the hyperlink, so they are linked...but, in Preview, nothing happens.
|
| Also, if I use "control . click" on a thumbnail image, the full size image is opening in Paint Shop Pro and not in Front Page.
|
| Is there a simple way to activate the links, I should mention that I am using FP2002. Also, I have not yet reserved the new domain
so there is not a URL for the new site yet - is that the issue?
|

G

Thanks Stefan. The fix you suggested solved the problem and saved me many hours/days of work!

Ask a Question