    was not much help)

    regardss
    amok

    amok2, Dec 29, 2008

  2. amok2

    Rich Barry Guest

    You don't need specific drivers for this drive. There may be updated
    firmware at LG's website.

    Rich Barry, Dec 29, 2008

  3. amok2

    amok2 Guest

    OK - that's good to know - thnx Rich

    amok2, Dec 30, 2008
  4. amok2

    smlunatick Guest

    On Dec 30 2008, 6:00 am, amok2 <>
    wrote:
    > OK - that's good to know - thnx Rich
    >

    > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    > >        You don't need specific drivers for this drive. There may be updated
    > > firmware at LG's website.
    > > "amok2" <> wrote in message
    > > > the original drive failed on my PC and I installed a new LG GH22 internal
    > > > drive this afternoon. On booting up I got an indicator telling me that new
    > > > hardware had been found. I inserted a DVD and the player worked but my
    > > > question is do I need to update the drivers for this hardware ( old player
    > > > was DVD ROM). If I do, which website should I use ( tried looking on LG
    > > > site
    > > > was not much help)

    > > > regardss
    > > > amok- Hide quoted text -

    If you got an included CD with this drive, you should have the LG ODD
    firmware auto-update program. It gets installed when you install the
    Cyberlink software.

    smlunatick, Jan 1, 2009
  5. amok2

    amok2 Guest

    I did mail LG and was told that any drivers would have to come from MS.

    However, the drive did come with software ( a product called Nero) which
    when I try to install says I need to upgrade my XP software to install
    Directx 9.0c . I looked on the MS website and leant that this software cannot
    be removed once loaded and I would need to create a restore point before

    Should I install DirectX 9, what are the pros and cons ?

    amok2, Feb 12, 2009
  6. amok2

    amok2 Guest

    that is weird. when I checked the version of Direct X I had installed , I
    already have Directx 9 , any ideads why Nero would not recognise that I have
    version 9 ?

    amok2, Feb 12, 2009
  7. amok2

    smlunatick Guest

    On Feb 12, 9:50 pm, amok2 <> wrote:
    > that is weird. when I checked the version of Direct X I had installed , I
    > already have Directx 9 , any ideads why Nero would not recognise that I have
    > version 9 ?

    Nero requires the most current DirectX 9.0c (delivered usually with
    SP2) and some of the .Net Frameworks (not sure which versions.)

    NOTE: The .Net Framework versions are not cumulative. Each version
    is a separate version.

    smlunatick, Feb 13, 2009