LF: external editor for Firefox bookmarks

Renan

Hello,

my Firefox bookmark file is reaching the thousands of entries (been
collecting bookmarks since 2002 with Netscape).
Thus, the built-in editor has became worthless, even for deleting some
of those bookmarks, it is too slow.

Any external editors for the bookmark file?

Thanks!

Lou

--
O Thanks, Renan(r) - Canoas, RS, Brazil
/ \ "If a train station is where the train stops,
| what is a workstation?"
/ \

Try asking in mozilla.support.firefox in the news.mozilla.com newsgroup.

Lou

Susan Bugher

Renan said:
my Firefox bookmark file is reaching the thousands of entries (been
collecting bookmarks since 2002 with Netscape).
Thus, the built-in editor has became worthless, even for deleting some
of those bookmarks, it is too slow.

Any external editors for the bookmark file?

AM-DeadLink (Pricelessware) might be helpful. It has a nice interface,
IIRC you can sort bookmarks on any of the columns.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006INTERNET.php#0017-PW

AM-DeadLink
Company: -- Author: Martin Aignesberger
(Freeware)
Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP
Languages: English; language packs for other languages
Browser Bookmarks. If a Bookmark has become unavailable you can delete
it from your Browser. AM-Deadlink checks Bookmarks from Internet
Explorer, Opera and Netscape.
Home page:
http://aignes.com/products.htm
Program description; download page v 2.7 (2005-10-17) [ dlsetup.exe (825
KB)]
http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm

and note:

What's new in Version 2.7?
* [x] Perfomance for Firefox bookmarks significantly improved

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware