Hosts file editor FastDNS and Net 1.1

RoseW

This is the second freeware I have notice in this past two days that
requires Net 1.1 to be in place.

http://www.geocities.com/ecg81/fastdns.html

FastDNS is a simple editor for the HOSTS file, that allows you to add
new domains, so they can be resolved faster without the need for
external DNS lookups. You can enter a domain name, and the program will
resolve the IP address and add the entry to the HOSTS. You can also
verify the list of entries and remove selected items as needed. It can
also import Firefox/Netscape bookmarks.
also available at http://www.snapfilespro.com/gnomeapp.php?id=109278

There were postings a few months back relaying 'work arounds' for
computers with a 'no log on' style when Net 1.1 is installed and they
were responses within a heading that didn't associate exactly with Net
1.1 and no log on (I think) The tip included something to the effect of
removing an entry and I cannot recall exactly where this entry was
located. Should have paid attention but I was ticked with Net 1.1 and
assumed I would never install it <grin>
I'm asking for either search terms or if anyone recalls the edit tip
that allows remaining in the no log on status for a one user on Xphome
sp2 etc.
RoseW

Susan Bugher

RoseW said:
[...]

Try searching for: net framework

I think that will find the articles for you. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en