Lexmark printer

G

I've looked through this NG and could not find a similar post to my problem so here goes. I'm running W2K server with terminal services in application mode. I have several users logging in and printing using various printers (HP, Canon, Xerox all in one). I have one user who is using a Lexmark z33 colorJet. Every time he logs in his session auto creates his Lexmark printer (connected to his XP Pro PC with USB) but on my server console a ENd User LIcense Agreement pops up. It does this everytime he logs in. I created a local printer z33 on the server and installed the software thinking this would stop this behavior. It didn't work. I talked to Lexmark and they told me none of their printers will work with TS. I read KB article 239088 and followed those instructions and still same problem. Does anyone have any advice for me other than to throw the Lexmark printer in the trash. Thanks in advance.

S

Stefan

I have found nobody been able to get a z series to work on TS/Citrix as an
autocreated printer.
Next time you go out and buy a printer, ask the reseller the following:

Is the printer hostbased? If yes, skip it.
Is the printer pcl or PS compliant? If yes, get that one.

Stefan
http://www.printingsupport.com
Does anyone have any advice for me other than to throw the Lexmark printer
in the trash. Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question