Laptop on the cheapish

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i know we've had a few of these recently but i'm in the same boat

one of my other sisters (i have 3!! :eek: ) is after a new laptop for office work and internet, the basics really

the only real requirement is that its £500-£600 and has XP on it, i have been looking around and you don't get mcuh for your money!

i've found 2 that are made by HP

No 1

or

No 2

anyone got any opinions on them ? i'm liking the look of the first one as its pretty well specced just want a second opinion

Reaction score
I am in the same boat and swaying towards a Dell laptop
but out of the two you have listed they both are HP. I got a HP here it has been good only one bad thing is the battery life.

check out this site http://www.johnlewis.com/Technology/Computers/Computers/Laptops/398/ProductType.aspx
always nice to go down to these stores to look at them in person

this was one I shortlisted:

(couldnt find it)

but it was a Fujitsu Amillo with good specs and price

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i was looking at dell but the laptop i liked the look of only comes with Vista whereas the model abover or below you can still get XP on as a choice
wallbash.gif
and they seem to come in more expensive than what i can find elsewhere

i've also just noticed you can get £50 cashback if you buy one of the HP systems i linked too which is nice, i'm also looking into a Macbook as you can get a 15% discount from the higher education store which brings them down to around the £600 mark which is cool as they are nice and small so will be easier to carry about

decisions decisions
user.gif

Reaction score
I get the feeling PanPan your a serial spammer from Canada!

This is a UK based forum, so links for sites in Canada are useless!!
And this is your 2nd post on the subject!!

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i was looking at dell but the laptop i liked the look of only comes with Vista whereas the model abover or below you can still get XP on as a choice
wallbash.gif
and they seem to come in more expensive than what i can find elsewhere

i've also just noticed you can get £50 cashback if you buy one of the HP systems i linked too which is nice, i'm also looking into a Macbook as you can get a 15% discount from the higher education store which brings them down to around the £600 mark which is cool as they are nice and small so will be easier to carry about

decisions decisions
user.gif

what did u decide on then?

you have just woke me up

"You can't wake up a person that is pretending to be asleep."

I got a HP laptop early this year, but forgot the cashback
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH :(

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
went for one of These in the end, i think its a really good deal and Asus make some decent motherboards so i'm gonna assume this will be pretty reliable

it has only got a 1.86Ghz Dual core Pentium processor but i think i'll be fine considering it has 1GB of RAM and its only got XP pro

Ask a Question