Lack of Hot Link (or URL Hyperlink ?) in Outlook received email

When I send a url link from my work Notes email account to my home email
account which is Outlook 2003, the link is simply text as opposed to a
"hotlink" which I can just click on to go to the website. I can't seem to
find in Outlook how to have those web addresses be a hot link which I can
just
click on; how do I do that?
Thank you!

Brian Tillman

Bill45 said:
When I send a url link from my work Notes email account to my home
email account which is Outlook 2003, the link is simply text as
opposed to a "hotlink" which I can just click on to go to the
website. I can't seem to find in Outlook how to have those web
addresses be a hot link which I can just
click on; how do I do that?

What does the "link" look like?

It just looks like text; I copy and paste it into my browser (IE) to go to it
as opposed to just being able to click on it; it's not underlined as I'd
expect it. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP2. Thanks for any help you can give.

Brian Tillman

Bill45 said:
It just looks like text; I copy and paste it into my browser (IE) to
go to it as opposed to just being able to click on it; it's not
underlined as I'd expect it. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP2. Thanks for
any help you can give.

I was hoping you'd be more specific and give a full example of something
you think should work but doesn't.

here is an example, I sent this in the body of an email to my home email addr
from my work email addr:
//www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18664907/

I can't go to the site by clicking on it, ie, it';s not reflecting as a url
link that I can just click on to go to the site. Does that help? I'm on
Windows XP Home Edition with Outlook 2003; also on SP2.

Brian, I forwarded the following from work which was received at my home
email acct; the url's show as follows and do not show as "hot"