Lab grown meat is sooo disgusting!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's available to buy yet, but I've heard a lot of talk about it. I'd totally eat some :D! The second it is available to buy in a supermarket for a reasonable price, I'll be turning it in to a burger :lol:.

Is it available easily in the States?

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Is it available easily in the States?

You are very brave, it just turns me off to this that the meat was cultured by a scientist. I want my bird chopped up and then deep fried. There are a few companies that are trying to perfect the process before going public. None of the places around me are selling it yet. Thank goodness. What's going to really upset me is when they lobby congress so they don't have to label the lab grown meat. I demand to know if my meat is natural. :mad:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've certainly eaten worse things than lab grown meat, so I'm going to be giving this a shot :drool:.

Well according to this article in Farminguk the UK could be seeing lab cultured meat on the shelves in about 5 years.

Not long to wait then :D. Interesting that they start the cells off on blades of grass! Do you think you'd try it?

What's going to really upset me is when they lobby congress so they don't have to label the lab grown meat. I demand to know if my meat is natural.
Yeah, I'd certainly want to know if it was real meat - but I bet we're decades away from it being able to compete on price and taste.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Interesting that they start the cells off on blades of grass! Do you think you'd try it?
I would certainly be happier about eating this I think, because I like the cruelty-free aspect. But cards on the table, we haven't consumed any meat since Christmas 2000. We're not veggies though, because we do eat fish. (I guess that makes us "pescatarians?" lol)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh that is interesting - I was wondering if the animal cruelty aspect would mean that some vegans/vegetarians/pescatarians would be tempted to consider it.

Amusingly, the Windows 10 spell checker insists on auto-correcting pescatarians to proletarians, I'm glad I spotted that in time :lol::

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh that is interesting - I was wondering if the animal cruelty aspect would mean that some vegans/vegetarians/pescatarians would be tempted to consider it.
Yeah, it would just be another option really, although having said that, neither of us actually misses eating meat, so it's not something that we would be champing at the bit to buy.

There are quite a few so-called meat substitutes (think of textured vegetable protein) which come in many forms. Some of those are not too appetising, whilst others are fairly passable.

Hahaha, proletarians! Good old spell-checker :D

Ask a Question