KIS 8.0.0.375 Help

Reaction score
Okay. So I do a full scan and while it's scanning a get a few infected files. Now to delete them what do I do? I right click them to click "Disenfect all", but it won't let me click it. Also, on the detected report, at the bottom it says "Disenfect all" and that doesn't work either. Please help! I'd like to get the viruses off please.

Reaction score
Restart your pc and when the post screen comes up immediately press F8. and select boot into safe mode. Then open Kaspersky and run a full scan.

Reaction score
Hi,

Download this one, sometimes Viruses stop you from removing them and you need to use other programs I would also reconmmend doing an online scan to see if this corrects the issuse, How many Viruses are you getting?

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
On Kaspersky, I'm getting about 470 detected items. My friend said that spyware is bad though. He said it's software that is installed in a computer without the user's knowledge and transmits information about the user's computer activities over the Internet. And by the way, I think someone is on my computer right now because I only have one user account on my Vista, and I tried setting up a spyware, but it says "There is 1 more person logged on" or whatever. :( I don't want to go to fix my computer at a store because my dad would get soo mad at me. :(

Reaction score
Visual3volution said:
On Kaspersky, I'm getting about 470 detected items. My friend said that spyware is bad though. He said it's software that is installed in a computer without the user's knowledge and transmits information about the user's computer activities over the Internet. And by the way, I think someone is on my computer right now because I only have one user account on my Vista, and I tried setting up a spyware, but it says "There is 1 more person logged on" or whatever. :( I don't want to go to fix my computer at a store because my dad would get soo mad at me. :(

That is correct about the Spyware and what it does. Have you made sure that every other user account is loged of? Have you restarted the computer? also are you on an andmin account?

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
"There is 1 more person logged on"
Out of curiosity is your system a stand-alone setup or is it on a network.
It's a common messege when shared drives/folders are being accessed. If your system is streaming or sometimes just sharing to other systems/devices you'll get this messege. Another possibility is that your system is compromised and is being used by a remote user for whatever reason.
Open task manager and check all the processes running against google searches for them. Manually end, locate and rename the undesired processes (i.e. spyware.exe to spywareexe.bak). Only delete them if your positive you know that they wont cause issues with them removed (hence the renaming incase you need to restore them).
Once this is done you may need to remove startup links via msconfig, registry or startup for them.
If the process isn't running it isn't able to defend itself ;)

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I only have one user account on my computer, as I said before, and it is admin. I have restarted my computer. My friend recommends I use Avast. Any word on Avast like any good points or bad points I should know of?

Ask a Question