STDRT.EXE Virus

Reaction score
I have a Acer AspireT180 running Vista 32 bit. For a few days now i have running in processes a virus called strd.exe. I tried starting in safe mode and did a scan with Malwarebytes. It finds six infected files reported as (Trojan.FakeMS). It deletes the files and when i reboot the files have gone but next time i start up they are back again. I also did this with AVG and the same happens. I have located the files in the temp directory and tried deleting them but i get the message destination folder access denied. Is there another way of permanently deleting this virus. Thanks for any help. Just an add to i saw the free Antispyare on this forum and did a scan with that. It found several infections and quarantined them but on rebooting STDRT. EXE was still running in processes

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sounds like it may well be reproducing itself from the system restore.

I would suggest that you post over at Bleeping Computer, as they will walk you through the steps to take to remove it. :)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

Ask a Question