Keylogger argh

Reaction score
Hey guys me again :)

As you should know i play WoW alot (World of warcraft) Now today i have spent all morning trying to get back some stuff on wow for my friend as he was *hacked* now my r/l friend and i have come up with many conclusions as to who did it etc

Now, not long ago there was a BIG BIG hack on the server, a person hacked into a guilds forums got all their passes, disbanded the guild and took the characters

Now my r/l friend has been hakced and all his stuff taken (if you dont play wow this means alot hehe) i obviously very annoyed/upset as me and them played WoW all day everyday!

He said he only wanted ot speak to me and told me to add him on msn, i did this and hav spoke to him for an hour and why he did it etc

He said he keylogged my account etc and he is sorry he did this to my friend but he needs to make money and my friend had the least playtime (amount you have played) i was so upset at how sad someone is if this was true, he gave me the account back, now if i am being *keylogged* what programme can i download? Im doing everythingi have atm, i need a virus cleaner aswell ...

Sorry for not very well explained but i am trying to do loads of things at once as you can imagine! :(

Thanx again!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can WoW not put a stop to it if someone has hacked the account? Try running the usual AV and Anti-Spyware applications (AdAware, Microsoft Defender, AVG etc...) and perhaps try this:

http://dewasoft.com/privacy/kldetector.htm

I've not used it before, but its free and looks like it does the biz :)

Reaction score
Thanx Ian, well they can i think restore the items that were hacked by him but still, i am not risking what i hvave spent so long on my self either ...
Where can i get this microsft defender?

And is this the virus scannre? < http://www.free-av.com/

(sorry for typos!)

Thanx again

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Your right - I have no idea what your talking about as regards guilds etc, but what I think your saying is you believe you have a keylogger on your PC and you want it removed?

Use the F-Secure Online Scanner, Ewido and A-Squared and give your PC a good scan, then make sure you use a good AV in the future such as Kaspersky whch should prevent such things getting there in the first place.

Reaction score
Thanx, for the asquard i have to registe but it says i cant use hotmail :S

Help argh dont like virusses! lol

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Thanx, for the asquard i have to registe but it says i cant use hotmail :S
I've PM'd you my registration details :thumb:

Reaction score
Ahh wicked mate thanx :)

btw what's the difference between me quatirning a trojan or whatever or deleting?1 I used ewido and it came with ALOT of things hehe half of it saying delete. the rest to quaratine?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The difference is that if its quarantined, it can be restored later - not sure why it does that, perhaps those detections are linked to legitimate files and stops you mucking up your system if it gets it wrong so you can restore?

Ask a Question