Keyboard problem

Reaction score
I have a strange problem regarding my keyboard.
All was well with my keyboard but I don't know what happen that now when I press
[shift +quotation marks] key to get quotation marks (") , @ is typed.
And when I press [shift +2] to type @ , then (") quotation mark is typed.

I don't understand what is the problem. Please if any one know guide me .
Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
do you want English UK, or that other unknown language Englase US?

This behavior does not usually occur when only one keyboard layout is present. To remove all additional keyboard layouts, follow these steps:

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, double-click Keyboard.
In the Keyboard Properties dialog box, click the Input Locales tab, and then click Change.
In the Select one of the installed input languages to use when you start your computer list, select the language that you want.
In the Installed Services list, click the Keyboard of the input language that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
Repeat for all languages except for the one that you want, and then click OK two times.

To specify the default input language that is used when Word starts, follow these steps:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, double-click Keyboard.
In the Keyboard Properties dialog box, click the Input Locales tab, and then click Change.
On the Settings tab, click Add.
In the Add Input language dialog box, in the Input Language list, select the language that you want, and then click OK.
In the Select one of the installed input languages to use when you start your computer list, select the language that you want, and then click OK two times.

Your mileage, however, may vary. :)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292106

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
US layout:
800px-KB_United_States-NoAltGr.svg.png

... now when I press [shift +quotation marks] key to get quotation marks (") , @ is typed.
And when I press [shift +2] to type @ , then (") quotation mark is typed.
Irish layout:
800px-KB_Windows_Ireland.svg.png

Ask a Question