junk dv-avi format

G

i've captured some videos with mm2 and exportet them to dv-avi.

now i want to work with these files (extract audio, normalize audio, add filters,...) with oher tools (because mm2 can't do it) but every tool (VirtualDub, AviUtil just to name some) refuse to accept the "microsoft-dv-avi-format".

does anyone know how to convert avi files from "ms-dv-avi" to the standard dv-avi format?

R

Rich

Karsten R. said:

now i want to work with these files (extract audio, normalize audio, add
filters,...) with oher tools (because mm2 can't do it) but every tool
(VirtualDub, AviUtil just to name some) refuse to accept the
"microsoft-dv-avi-format".
does anyone know how to convert avi files from "ms-dv-avi" to the standard
dv-avi format?

You can use the Canopus file converter:

www.canopus.com/US/products/DV_file_converter/pm_dv_file_converter.asp

Rich

G

Thank you, both tips work fine,

although I have some problems extracting audio when opening the files with the panasonic codec (Type-1 DV file detected -- VirtualDub cannot extract audio from this type of interleaved stream), using Canopus works great.

G

Karsten R. said:

now i want to work with these files (extract audio, normalize audio, add filters,...) with oher tools (because mm2 can't do it) but every tool (VirtualDub, AviUtil just to name some) refuse to accept the "microsoft-dv-avi-format".

does anyone know how to convert avi files from "ms-dv-avi" to the standard dv-avi format?

Ask a Question