Its New!!

Alias

Frank said:
Fact.

I have never, ever, had one single

Fact.

and very rarely need to reboot after

Biggest lie of all!

Fact. I downloaded a bunch yesterday and no reboot needed. The only time
a reboot is needed, it seems, is when the kernel is updated.
Hey little man. stop the lying, ok?
Frank

You're the liar, Frank. You even lie to yourself, telling yourself that
you don't lie. Ever hear of cause and effect? Some people call it karma.

You really are scared sh¡tless like Microsoft that there will be an en
mass move to Ubuntu, aren't you? What's the matter; are you scared you
will lose all those customers of yours that need all the crap removed
from their Windows sieves?

Alias

Frank

Alias said:
So, hurry up and go download and install the .NET Framework updates and
then post back about how wonderful your experience was.

Uhhh...you must have believed some linux loser FUD about a .net update
that is nothing but uhhh...FUD!

Do you have the

Now that's an interesting comment...rather childish and stupid but,
obviously you don't have the "balls" or the money to even get Vista.

In Windows, "complicated" really means "bloated".

How would an ignorant linux loser like you know anything at all about
Vista, seeing as how you don't even have it?
Well...?
Frank

Alias

Frank said:
Uhhh...you must have believed some linux loser FUD about a .net update
that is nothing but uhhh...FUD!

No, I went to the MICROSOFT newsgroup for WINDOWS UPDATES. Hundreds of
posts there from people having problems with two of the .NET updates. Oops.
Do you have the

Now that's an interesting comment...rather childish and stupid but,
obviously you don't have the "balls" or the money to even get Vista.

No need for Vista. You have yet to say why you "upgraded" and can't give
us one good reason for buying and installing Vista.
In Windows, "complicated" really means "bloated".

How would an ignorant linux loser like you know anything at all about
Vista, seeing as how you don't even have it?
Well...?
Frank

If it walks like a duck ...

Alias

Frank

Alias said:
You lie, as usual. .NET doesn't update for *anyone* just fine.

Oh really?
Is that what your linux loser troll friends over at open sores trash dot
ubuntu ng told you to say?
hehehe...and seeing as how you don't have Vista installed, how would you
know?
Truth is you don't, it did update just fine, thank you very much!
You appear to be getting very desperate in your assaults and insults
about Vista.
Is that due to the "losing feeling" you've got or that "flop sweat" you
feel running down the middle of your back, you ball less little creep...lol!
Frank

Frank

Alias wrote:

You really are scared sh¡tless like Microsoft that there will be an en
mass move to Ubuntu, aren't you?

OMG...you're delusion at best and totally ignorant at worst!

What's the matter; are you scared you
will lose all those customers of yours that need all the crap removed
from their Windows sieves?

You're the desperate one who seems really scared that you don't have nor
can afford Vista.
Ever read the psycho crap you post?
I guess not.
Loser.
Frank

Mr. Happy

Bill said:
I don't have problems after installing Windows updates and yes sometimes a
reboot is necessary, but Windows OS are much more complicated than Linux
solutions.
HAHAHA, good one Bill! Very funny! Windows needs to reboot after an update
because it is "more complicated than Linux". Methinks the reason is far
simpler than that. It's because Windows is so poorly written, that it
requires so many reboots to configure it properly.

Shake Hands With,
Mr. Happy

Frank

Alias wrote:

No, I went to the MICROSOFT newsgroup for WINDOWS UPDATES. Hundreds of
posts there from people having problems with two of the .NET updates. Oops.

OOOOOOOOoooooooopppppppppssssssssss...hehehe...not here pal!
Sorry...lol!
No need for Vista. You have yet to say why you "upgraded" and can't give
us one good reason for buying and installing Vista.

Of course I did. You just can't remember or didn't read it.
I upgraded to Vista cause I wanted to and I could.
Unlike you, who can't afford Vista even if you wanted to get it.

If it walks like a duck ...

So now you're walking like a duck...lol...what's that all about?
You need help don't you?
hahaha...well...go get it!
Frank

Mr. Happy

Frank said:
Uhhh...you must have believed some linux loser FUD about a .net update
that is nothing but uhhh...FUD!

Do you have the

Now that's an interesting comment...rather childish and stupid but,
obviously you don't have the "balls" or the money to even get Vista.

In Windows, "complicated" really means "bloated".

How would an ignorant linux loser like you know anything at all about
Vista, seeing as how you don't even have it?
Well...?
Frank

The same could be said to you in regards to your "Linux expertise". You're
one of the few who hasn't been able to even get Linux installed and working
and yet you think you're totally clued into all its shortcomings. Maybe you
aren't the geek you like to pretend you are? Here's a geek that has a
completely different take on Ubuntu ...

http://www.geek.com/ubuntu-linux-should-be-your-operating-system/

"I have hated Linux. I began looking at it back in the mid- to late-1990s
and I hated it. I was a software developer and I looked at the source code
and I hated it. It was awful … it was tedious … it required you to know so
much about your system that I found it useless. And did I mention? I hated
it.

Today, I can say this truly: I used to think like that, but the times have
changed."

Then again, he knows something about computers and isn't just full of
bullshit.

Shake Hands With,
Mr. Happy

Adam Albright

So what is your problem? You don't have nor can you afford Vista so why
are you posting about .net and why are you even here.
Get lost, you're not need or wanted.
Frank

Alias has kicked your sorry behind so many times you've been reduced
to nothing more than the newsgroup clown. On the plus side, you're
doing a great job of replacing Justin who once claimed that title.

Mr. Happy

Bill said:
Since I make my living using Microsoft products, downloading and
installing
the latest and greatest .NET Framework updates helps keep me employed.
Yes, there is lots of bloat, that's why we need Dual Core and Quad Core
processors to run the bloated software. But since my paycheck depends on
the bloatware, I'll keep using it. Ubuntu will continue to stay in the
drawer.
Fair enough and thanks for showing some honesty. Of course, if your bread
and butter depends on Windows, you should keep using it. Unfortunately, you
also seem to go out of your way to keep slamming Linux. You don't need to
do that Bill, unless you're getting really insecure about your bread and
butter. But if Linux is no threat to your os of choice and is a toy
operating system, not worth considering, then you really shouldn't feel so
paranoid.

Just keep using what works for you. For others, sick of Microsoft's tactics
and wanting to keep older hardware running, that won't with Vista, Linux is
certainly an alternative.

http://www.geek.com/ubuntu-linux-should-be-your-operating-system/

Shake Hands With,
Mr. Happy

Bill Yanaire

You sure have a skewed view of the word. No wonder you are an Ubuntu
zealot. I PREFER to feed my family, have a nice home, freedom to travel,
help my kids, put money away for retirement, etc.... Most of the world uses
Windows and they wern't fooled into buying Windows, it just so happens that
Windows is the best solution out there. Of course there are issues and
problems, but with such complicated software there are bound to be problems.

How about Linux? Last time I updated Ubuntu, there were 81 updates. Maybe
Ubuntu is becoming bloated also.

I'm glad that you understand how hundreds of thousands of people use
Microsoft products to make their living. I provide solutions to business
problems. If I need to use Microsoft technology to get the job done, the so
be it. My software saves the company money by making other peoples jobs
easier.

You keep using Ubuntu as a toy and leave the "heavy lifting" to us
professionals. By the way, what do YOU do for a living (if anything)?

Stephan Rose

Since I make my living using Microsoft products, downloading and installing
the latest and greatest .NET Framework updates helps keep me employed. Yes,
there is lots of bloat, that's why we need Dual Core and Quad Core
processors to run the bloated software. But since my paycheck depends on
the bloatware, I'll keep using it. Ubuntu will continue to stay in the
drawer.

You can friggin say that again, the bloated and dual core or more part.

My major project I am currently working on, screen shot here:

http://www.somrek.net/sizer.png

Used to be C# / .Net / Managed DirectX based and windows only.

Rendering time for a somewhat complex PCB board with a total of about
20,000 elements was about 200 milliseconds on a single core 3.2GHz P4 and
about 90 milliseconds with my 2.4GHz Core Duo. And believe me, I am *no*
newbie to .Net programming. I've been using it since .Net 1.0 was in beta
and used to be a major contributor in the EFNet based IRC help channel.

My code was as optimized as only possible.

My new solution, C++ and OpenGL based and Windows/Linux/Mac compatible, is
just a tiny bit faster.

The identical dataset needs about 20 milliseconds on the slowest friggin
system we can find in our office, which is below specs of my 3.2GHz P4
system. My Core 2 Duo doesn't even scratch 10 milliseconds and that is
with only using a single core. I haven't even bothered going multi
threaded for multiple cores yet.

I've found the .Net framework, while it does make life cozy and
convenient in the windows world, to be useless for anything that's
performance critical.

--
Stephan
2003 Yamaha R6

å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰

Frank

Adam Albright wrote:

-----------drunken drivel deleted------------

Only a real lush like you could be so drunk this early in the morning.
Pathetic!
Frank

Frank Bright

Frank said:
Liar...
I have never, ever, had one single

Liar...

and very rarely need to reboot after

Biggest lie of all!
Hey little man. stop the lying, ok?
Frank

Hi,
I'm another guy named Frank B. and I'd like to chime in for a reality check.
I've got Ubuntu dual booting on 2 computers with XP and Vista.

And I've got Mandriva Spring One on an older laptop. And what's my reality
check?

BOTH SIDES ARE CORRECT. I use LINUX & VISTA & XP AND I LIKE THEM ALL. Yes
Vista is bloated and sluggish etc etc ,.....but it also is geared to run
Major applications that Linux right now can only dream of. (Yes, you do have
to have recent Vista-compatible versions...but wait and let's see Linux's
situation......)

Sure there are Wine, CrossOver, VMware etc etc,...but I've found something
through direct experience: These are great for tinkering with programs like
Dreamweaver MX, Photoshop and Flash. But do you have Real Dependability with
them ? In short, No.

This is what I've encountered:

- PS 7.0 runs great on wine - it also "Kicks" me out of the program randomly
from time to time with no warning. (But hey, no freezes !!)

- DW MX worked great for a while; then it began, every time I wanted to
access my remote site, to 'encounter a fatal error'. So "DW mx must now
terminate".
(Btw, a clue: this is like having no program at all. And FYI, I've seen
other 2-year-old posts on this exact same topic that have No replies as
yet...I've emailed CrossOver and have not received a valid reply to this
concern. I've also tried reinstalling CrossOver and DW mx)

- I've spent hours and hours scouring through forums and googling to find
answers about configuring hardware. At one point, I Finally got my Canon
scanner configured. How? By visiting a FRENCH UBUNTU SITE and using their
English-based code. (Yep, that JUST WORKED !! RIGHT??)

- It took over a week to research and figure out how to manage a jumpy
cursor/keyboard problem on my laptop.

- I have a ATI X-1650 Radeon card which is very recent technology. Will
Beryl and Compiz work with them?? NO. It is not supported for accelerated
graphics in Ubuntu. Hummmmmm.

All this may imply that I hate Linux. Not so - actually, I LOVE it. But I'm
tired of all the lies these trolls are spreading. Why are these trolls here?
Maybe so you won't see what Ubuntu forums are like. I encourage these guys
to hang out on Ubuntu forums and help beginners there, rather than troll
here. You'll do much more to "convert" people that way than you will
spreading lies on this forum.

And yes, maybe your experience with Ubuntu is all smooth. That's a reply
game many use in Linux: "Well, mine works fine." But you know what? That's
what you're hearing here on Vista. Many have indeed had very smooth
experiences.

So go help beginners in Linux on those forums. Get A Life.

Frank B.

Frank

Mr. Happy said:
Fair enough and thanks for showing some honesty. Of course, if your bread
and butter depends on Windows, you should keep using it. Unfortunately, you
also seem to go out of your way to keep slamming Linux.

hahaha...don't make me laugh! Then what the hell are you, an admitted
linux loser, doing in this Windows Vista ng?
What are you afraid of? Linux going by the wayside?

You don't need to
do that Bill, unless you're getting really insecure about your bread and
butter.

You don't really need to be here slamming Vista do you. Why are you
here, huh?

But if Linux is no threat to your os of choice and is a toy
operating system, not worth considering, then you really shouldn't feel so
paranoid.

You a*shole linus losers come here and think we're paranoid?
Oh, now that's funny!
Get lost (again) doris.
Frank

KristleBawl

Unlike you, I have never, ever, had one single problem with Windows updates
and very diligently reboot after downloading and installing them. So?

"Alias" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Alias

Frank said:
Oh really?
Is that what your linux loser troll friends over at open sores trash dot
ubuntu ng told you to say?
hehehe...and seeing as how you don't have Vista installed, how would you
know?
Truth is you don't, it did update just fine, thank you very much!
You appear to be getting very desperate in your assaults and insults
about Vista.
Is that due to the "losing feeling" you've got or that "flop sweat" you
feel running down the middle of your back, you ball less little
creep...lol!
Frank

Hundreds and hundreds of people are having problems with the .NET
updates. How come you're not over at microsoft.public.windowsupdates
helping those people out instead of lying about me and others over here?

Alias

Alias

Bill said:
You sure have a skewed view of the word. No wonder you are an Ubuntu
zealot. I PREFER to feed my family, have a nice home, freedom to travel,
help my kids, put money away for retirement, etc....

And you're scared sh¡tless that Linux will take away your cash cow. So
is Microsoft.
Most of the world uses
Windows and they wern't fooled into buying Windows, it just so happens that
Windows is the best solution out there.

False and false.
Of course there are issues and
problems, but with such complicated software there are bound to be problems.

How about Linux? Last time I updated Ubuntu, there were 81 updates. Maybe
Ubuntu is becoming bloated also.

Not really. With some ten programs open, it uses less than 279MB of RAM.
Most of the updates are improvements to the programs installed, not
"security updates" like you get with Windows every month.
I'm glad that you understand how hundreds of thousands of people use
Microsoft products to make their living. I provide solutions to business
problems. If I need to use Microsoft technology to get the job done, the so
be it. My software saves the company money by making other peoples jobs
easier.

No wonder you're scared of Linux.
You keep using Ubuntu as a toy and leave the "heavy lifting" to us
professionals. By the way, what do YOU do for a living (if anything)?

It's not related to computers except that I use computers to do it. What
I do is not relevant nor any of your business.

Alias

Alias

Frank said:
You a*shole linus losers
Skip

Frank said:
Alias wrote:

OOOOOOOOoooooooopppppppppssssssssss...hehehe...not here pal!
Sorry...lol!

Huh? Do I need to repost the messages from Vista users who are having
problems with .NET?
Of course I did. You just can't remember or didn't read it.

No, you didn't.
I upgraded to Vista cause I wanted to and I could.

Yes, dear.
Unlike you, who can't afford Vista even if you wanted to get it.

I could afford your wife, her mother and all their sisters.
If it walks like a duck ...

So now you're walking like a duck...lol...what's that all about?

LOL! You really don't understand?
You need help don't you?

No, you do.
hahaha...well...go get it!