It's good to haggle!

Reaction score
OK, went into my mobile service provider today to see how long i had left on my sim only contract.
I'm currently paying £21.50 a month for 600mins, Unlimited Texts & 500MB of data.
Seems i could upgrade my package and was able to get the same deal, but for £15.50 a month.
And if i decide to buy a new mobile next year can expect a hefty % off as i'm a loyal customer.
So it seems it's good to haggle over a price & seems some mobile providers are desperate to keep you as a customer as they know others are offering good deals.

So far this month i've reduced my gym membership by £190 a year.:thumb:
Got a great deal on my car insurance and now this deal on my mobile.:dance:
Only got to win the lotto next!!!:wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice work feckit, that's quite a chunk saved over a year! :thumb:

Mobile contracts always seem to have quite a bit of flexibility - Bex got a big chunk knocked off hers when she moved contracts and saved about £100/year. I'm still on an old legacy o2 contract as it was ridiculously good value, so I've stuck with :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
NEVER pay what they first give you on a phone contract! Its the unwritten rule. Threaten to move providers, that usually does the trick.

Reaction score
did mention that other providers were offering good deals & could i get one.
seems that they just want to keep the business as so many offers around.
for £15.50 a month i'm getting all i need.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... seems that they just want to keep the business as so many offers around.

Indeed. Last week, I got a call from my IPS (I have "a double broadband" deal, i.e. a cable connection and a mobile broadband connection, no bandwidth usage restrictions on either):
"You have been our customer for a year now, so we'd like to up your cable speed — the price remains the same — if that's all right with you."
"Ummm... OK, if you insist."

Cable Before:
2187155823.png

Cable After:
2207822262.png

Not too bad for ca. £25/month. The only thing that buggers me (and it has nothing to do with my IPS) is the built-in mobile broadband modem in my Asus (Transformer Pad TF300TG) tablet is slow compared with my Huawei E367 dongle:

3G Asus:
Screenshot_2012-09-18-18-08-32.jpg

3G Huawei:
1961155991.png

:cheers:

Ask a Question