Is your ADSL modem being affected by Defender?

DSLMON original file name ADIMON.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
start in C:\Program Files\SAGEM\SAGEM F@st 800-840

I have to keep telling defender I want this item.
Without it my USB Sagem ADSL Sagem Modem cannot connect to the internet
I will not know if my modem is active wihtout seeng the ADIUSB icon in the
notification area. The icon will not load if Defender kills ADIMON.EXE

Kes

Robert

I removed WD (and went back to MSAS) two months ago when I experienced
connectivity problems - however I'm using a cable modem (not ASDL).
The few inquiries I made at the time showed that others were having
similar problems.

I have another 124 days to go on Beta 1 (MSAS) - which works perfectly
well. If MS have not sorted out their shit with WD by the end of July,
I'll learn to live without Defender, because I cannot do without my
connection!

--
Kes

"rcp_UK_XPHOME_USER" <ROBERTCPITT(use lower case instead and remove
this)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Tom Emmelot

Hi,

go to tools/general settings/scroll to advanced, there click on ADD and
browse to ADIMON.EXE it will not be seen or thatch by WD!
Hopes it works ;)

Regards >*< TOM >*<

rcp_UK_XPHOME_USER schreef:

I was unable to connect to hotmail tonight which may or may not be a
different problem
WD also seems to be interfering with my climate change screensaver
I'm getting rid of WD, as AnySpyware Beta is no longer available by download
I'm going to stick with Spybot and Ad-Aware Personal, Spybot lets me control
the cookies I want to keep and Ad-Aware will warn me of the advertisers
SPYWARE cookies that WD has apparantly been configured to allow!!!

I have the same modem, with DSLmon in startups. I have not had any problems
from Windows Defender.
In Tools/ software explorer/startup items it shows it as not yet classified.
But I've never had an alert about it.
I have had alerts when I run 'not yet classified' apps, such as Everest
Ultimate or PC Wizard but I could then allow to run. Adding them to the
exclude list stops the alerts.

Bill Sanderson MVP

I'm wondering if this is a version number difference in the software between
yours and his?

Bill,

Sincee you ask, on my system dslmon.exe is version 1.0.0.1. That was the
version my ISP (Tiscali UK) provided with the modem when I got broadband in
June 2003. I think there are more recent Sagem drivers, but as my current
setup works, I have not updated the modem drivers.