Is this the end of Ebuyer? well it is for me.

Reaction score
As those of you who know me I have always mainly dealt with E-buyer I have also praised them even defended them.

Now it seems they are letting themselves down BIG TIME the reason I say this is nothing to do with their service, I have always had good service from them.

The reason being, their stock is somewhat in decline, very poor choice of components indeed and prices seem a little OTT on many items so.

Today I set out to rectify the situation and without further ado I found a supplier not one mile from my home, a good selection of components and some very good prices along the way. So I am one happy bunny.:nod: :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, sorry to hear that. This is odd, I used to berate e-buyer yet now I sing their praises, lol

I recently bought some hard disk caddies and a few hard drives from them. I shopped around and they were still cheaper than anywhere else, including Scan, where I get free postage.

I chose normal 2 to 3 day delivery but the stuff still arrived the day after.

I don't buy half as much stuff as I used to these days - quite happy with my three machines and all peripherals - but e-buyer are still ok with me.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I think it depends waht you are after, as most of the common sites i use, Aria, OCUK, Scan, Ebuyer, all beat each other on different things.

example 3870 x 2 still an awesome card, £170 at ebuyer, £200 - 250 elsewhere, Scan is exspensive for memory, but is cheaper on Motherboards, Novatech has good prices but limited stock as well as Aria. OCUK is enthusiast and i would say the most exspensive, but it has the cheapest 2Gb 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 RAM at the moment.

I think it depends on what you want.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i find that ebuyer are usually cheaper on most things but i'll agree with the lack of selection, i've noticed some things have been there one day and i then i go to place an order and its no longer listed

i use aria a lot more these days, they usually have something i want in their super specials

Reaction score
FBS>but e-buyer are still ok with me.

So I did convert you after all;)

I had a chat with the owner today he said he would match the price of anything at E-buyer so bought 2 off >Crucial 1GB DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 Memory £26.00 fitted up and running.....
E-buyer £25.97+£7.28 del=£33.20 :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
A case of the middlemen makers...at source its dirt cheap ..then the middle men profit ...distribute ...and finally the end user pays for it all ....vicious circle...silicon is dirt cheap nowadays :mad:

Ask a Question