Is it G/C ?

Reaction score
Problem?

When clicking IE: On the desktop> Right click my computer go to lets say properties> click to open when it opens the properties logo stays on the screen [highlighted] got it? Now the only way I can rid of it is by going to settings adjust screen settings to a higher/lower resolution> apply> then cancel.

That is the only way to get rid of it. Ummmm not had this before? Suggestions please.

RADEON X550> HP w2207 [Monitor] (22. :confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... I'll have a pint of what your drinking.

:thumb:

err, what are you on about?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I know what you mean (maybe!) - I've had a problem where I get a ghost icon after dragging it, which is what I guess you mean happens to your properties menu?

Not a clue how to fix it though ;) It only happens once every few months for me, and I can fix it by dragging the original file again and it updates the screen (so perhaps try right clicking again and see if that works?).

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
... I'll have a pint of what your drinking.

:thumb:

err, what are you on about?

I knew that coffee was to strong for me:lol: OS>XP I will start again ok imagine your screen in front of you ok! Now you are looking at it and what ever you right click on lets say you want to open device manager you right click my computer icon, with me so far!

You choose properties still with me! Left click to enter now here is the tricky bit you click and the properties open BUT! The properties tab stays on the screen highlighted in your case whatever colour yours is [mine is blue] still with me! You do what you have to do then exit so you are back on your desktop still there? Now instead of just the desktop you still have the properties tab highlighted [in my case blue] instead of disappearing so all you see is your desktop.

The only way to get rid of it is > right click a blank part of your screen enter properties> settings change screen resolution> set to a different setting apply> when the change takes place it asks do you want to keep it click no and shut the box down and your back to were you started a nice desktop, until you right click on anything even on the task bar right click to close say FF and the X close Alt+F4 stays there.
As Ian says BUT it happens every time I do it.:confused:

Reaction score
Sorted :) Ummm... now how did I do it.... Oh yes removed all software and driver and simply replaced JUST the driver [ATI] bloody thing:user:

Ask a Question