Irfanview for rotating wallpaper?

Clueless in Seattle

I use Irfanview to display a centered image on Windows desktop.

I'm wonderng if there is a way to set up a folder of my favorite
images and have a different image display each day.

Ravi

Clueless wrote:
CiS> I'm wonderng if there is a way to set up a folder of my
CiS> favorite images and have a different image display each
CiS> day.

Irfanview supports many command line switches - but it
doesn't seem to have one to set the wallpaper yet.

Otherwise your problem would be almost solved. Perhaps this
will be in a future version.

The easiest thing I can think of is to use a macro program
to run irfanvew on a potential wp and send the following:

Ctrl+M (choose random image) followed by Ctrl+Shift+C (set
wallpaper) then Esc (Exit).

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, Clueless in Seattle,
([email protected]) said...
I use Irfanview to display a centered image on Windows desktop.

I'm wonderng if there is a way to set up a folder of my favorite
images and have a different image display each day.

Wallpaper Changer by Frank Pleitz? It's the best I know of.

www.wallpaperchanger.de

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

RobF

Another free wallpaper changer: http://www.secondnaturecd.com/upsam.html
See Software Only on that page, 1.2 MB. Image collections are payware.

--
RobF
Address anti-spammed

| I use Irfanview to display a centered image on Windows desktop.
|
| I'm wonderng if there is a way to set up a folder of my favorite
| images and have a different image display each day.

Richard Steven Hack

I use Irfanview to display a centered image on Windows desktop.

I'm wonderng if there is a way to set up a folder of my favorite
images and have a different image display each day.

Best wallpaper changer for Windows is the free version of WallMaster.
While it is slightly crippled in that you cannot display entire
directories as there is a limit of fifty images per showlist, you can
have an unlimited number of showlists. It is the only one I have
found that will CORRECTLY resize an image whether it is bigger or
smaller than your screen resolution and fit it to the screen with no
distortion or cropping.

www.tropicalwares.com

Bill Miller

I'm wonderng if there is a way to set up a folder of my favorite
images and have a different image display each day.

http://www.wallpaperchanger.de/pages/main.html

The above is the one I use, it will do what you want

Quote Below is from their Site

(Wallpaper Changer is a FREEWARE Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP wallpaper manager
that can change your background images on every startup, once a day or at
regular intervals. It features JPEG, PNG, GIF and BMP support. Several
options are provided, including the ability to change your images in random
order.)

Clueless in Seattle

Gee, What a great newsgroup this is! Thanks for all the suggestions!
(And not a single flame in the lot, either).

I guess now I know where to come for help and advice on free software,
don't I?

Thanks again! I'm sure I'll be back.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Richard Steven Hack

Gee, What a great newsgroup this is! Thanks for all the suggestions!
(And not a single flame in the lot, either).

I guess now I know where to come for help and advice on free software,
don't I?

Thanks again! I'm sure I'll be back.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Trust me, if you come back, you'll be flamed! Heh, heh!

Blinky the Shark

Richard said:
On 30 Oct 2003 07:48:22 -0800, (e-mail address removed) (Clueless
in Seattle) wrote:
Trust me, if you come back, you'll be flamed! Heh, heh!

I'm still trying to get over "rotating wallpaper". I think that would
make me woozy. :p

Shuttlecock

Clueless said:
Gee, What a great newsgroup this is! Thanks for all the suggestions!
(And not a single flame in the lot, either).

I guess now I know where to come for help and advice on free software,
don't I?

Thanks again! I'm sure I'll be back.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Those were better than my first thought !
You could use Desktop Architect to rotate a daily theme if you set it up in
advance with a 1sunday.theme, 2monday.theme format.
Once you load a picture it adds that new directory to the list in the
default dir (not permanent tho).
I was thinking you would save your current scheme in the Appearance tab as
MyDefault scheme (this does not save the main pic).
But if you just use the same colors all the time, you would just change the
main pic and save as the weekday and then set the scheduler to rotate those
daily. You could probably crank out 31 in no time?