ipod disk mode

Reaction score
my ipod( (20Gb) dock connector model), suddenly shows disk mode and an exclamation mark. it has not been switched to this on i tunes. As a result it is not seen in i tunes. I have tried (unsuccessfully to reformat disk via control panel, as well as restore and reset, again all proving unsuccessful.

i have the folder with the exclamation mark and disk mode written across the top of my i pod screen.

in this state it is completely dead.

1st problem experienced. was suddenly not working.

is it dead or is it fixable?

ideas please?

scott

Reaction score
tried all of the above. even when the update software says it has restored the i pod, the i pod is still in disk mode and still is not seen in i tunes

any other thgoughts, (other than the bin)!

s

Reaction score
Re:

hi breadboy:
I met the same problem just like yours today with my ipod mini, and my solution is like this
(I am using winXP):

1. Connect your ipod to pc, go to start->programs->ipod->ipod updaterxx-xxx->ipod updater

2. Use the ipod updater will re-install the ipod software (most likely the music play tools) on
the ipod and that should make the ipod work.

p.s if you have deleted some files from the ipod from windows explorer, you may have deleted some
system files of ipod and that may make the ipod not work.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question