iPad 2 in Production

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Wall Street Journal reports that the Apple iPad 2 is now in production and is supposedly lighter, slimmer and includes a front facing camera:

Apple Inc. has started manufacturing a new version of its iPad tablet computer with a built-in camera and faster processor, said people familiar with the matter.

The new iPad will be thinner and lighter than the first model, these people said. It will have at least one camera on the front of the device for features like video-conferencing, but the resolution of the display will be similar to the first iPad, these people said. It will also have more memory and a more powerful graphics processor, they said.

The new iPad will initially be available through Verizon Wireless and AT&T Inc., but not Sprint Nextel Corp. or T-Mobile USA in the U.S., according to some of the people familiar with the matter.

You can read the rest here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes looking forward to what they do with this, Been putting off getting an iPad due to this one so i wil be interested to see how it turns out. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
...said people familiar with the matter...

Well that's a new one on me, a first for quoting vague sources.

I'm still a bit baffled why anybody would want an i-Pad. The majority of the tasks it can perform can be done on an upmarket mobile phone and it's outshone by a Netbook.

And it's size is neither here nor there, too big to fit in a pocket and too small to contain much hardware.

I don't get it :confused:

So there may be a Mk II i-Pad according to those people familiar with the matter eh?

That's really going to cheer up all those people who bought a Mk I. Well done Apple :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes looking forward to what they do with this, Been putting off getting an iPad due to this one so i wil be interested to see how it turns out. :)

Have you thought about an Android tablet? I'm also toying with the idea of an iPad, but I'd probably prefer an Andriod if it can match it in the specs department. That said, I've never actually used an Android tablet - so perhaps not!

I'm still a bit baffled why anybody would want an i-Pad. The majority of the tasks it can perform can be done on an upmarket mobile phone and it's outshone by a Netbook.

I thought the same at first, but after speaking to people with one I can see the appeal - enough to consider getting one (not sure if I will yet). Like you say, it is just a bigger version of the iPhone in many respects - but the size is an advantage if you're using it around the house or watching a film on a plane/train. I think most people buy it instead of a netbook, as it can do many of the same things but it's more convinient in many cases (although a couple of hundred quid more expensive).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, I guess it must feed a niche but I wonder how many people buy one because it absolutely suits their requirements as opposed to those who buy one just for it's (supposedly) coolness factor and just because they gotta have one?

And I wonder if I'm being overly cynical? ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Though i quite like the Android Tab, after using an Android phone then moving to iOS4 on the iPhone4 i gotta say, i do love the 'more polished' iOS.

Android is good, dont get me wrong, but i am a big fan on the iPhone at the moment. Its even better after you jailbreak it. But thats another story. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As the technology advances, the thing are going to be more more smarter but fast to do the required task... The companies are trying their best to fulfill the needs of the people and create products more reliable and better than past... Every technology stuff get outdated very soon.... and new one take its place...

A profound statement young Letholdus, step forward and accept your reward :)

Ask a Question