Internet Usage Software

Reaction score
Hi.
We have recently got fibre optic broadband and I am trying to find some software that can provide me with information about the usage of the Internet. Peaks and troughs throughout a day, week, month. I am considering having a VOIP system and need to know that what we have will be able to cope with it.

Can anyone help me?
Cheers
AJ

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What fibre Broadband have you got? I've had FTTC with ADSL24 for te past year now, can can assure you you wont have any issues with FTTC If its via Virgin, then well, good luck! :D

You could try this - http://www.floriangilles.com/software/netspeedmonitor I've used it for ages and its good for checking speeds/usage over one PC, but if your wanting network usage then maybe you need to look at a router with a traffic monitoring option?

What Fibre service have you gone with?

Reaction score
Fibre with virgin is only too the CAB?

Copper after CAB too premises!

If Fibre was available all the way then 1 gigabit speeds would be available too domestic properties country wide. The price would be very, very high though I expect :(

Correct me if i'm wrong!

I do know some areas do have full fibre however only trail

Reaction score
I have BT net which is redicuously expensive.
NetWorx looks good. I will give this a try.
Thanks for the advice.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Fibre with virgin is only too the CAB?

Copper after CAB too premises!

If Fibre was available all the way then 1 gigabit speeds would be available too domestic properties country wide. The price would be very, very high though I expect :(

Correct me if i'm wrong!

I do know some areas do have full fibre however only trail
Pedantic much? :p:D

Yes they are all FTTC (Fibre to the Cab), but BT is rolling out FTTP (Fibre to the premises) as we speak in some areas, which will be upto 300mbps down.

Virgin is actually coax from the cab to the premises. :)

Ask a Question