Internet Problems

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this question.

I'm having problems connecting to the Internet through Virgin 20 mb, they say it's a problem with my machine (vista 64) and i should get the local area connection looked at (not sure what that means)? but my PC works fine when i take it to my sisters BT 8 mb. Can anyone tell me what the fault might be, or are virgin just telling me a pack of lies. Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

What problems are you having with connecting to the internet and what setup do you have (i.e. Wireless ADSL router?).

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I phoned virgin up again last night to find out what exactly is the problem and got a UK call center with a really helpfully technician, who said the problem is not with my machine it's a problem with the broadband signal not getting a lock-on my machine. so there sending out a technician tomorrow to have a look. If it's any help to anyone in the future my PC is hard wired straight to the modem.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that it's getting sorted :)

Ask a Question