    cpu. I have to end the process manually. I have checked
    for viruses, have the latest service packs installed, but
    to no avail. Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks

    LaVerne, Sep 2, 2003

  2. LaVerne

    Mike Guest

    I'm having the same problem. I noticed it because I keep
    getting pop up ads when my IE^ is 'closed'. Closing the
    program leavs the process running even though there is no
    other way to see that it is running.

    Mike, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Get and run these programs (if you test after each one you can stop when the
    problem is gone):
    Ad-Aware:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Once installed make sure to update via online before scanning!
    and
    SpyBot - Search & Destroy -
    http://security.kolla.de/
    http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/
    Once installed make sure to update via online before scanning!
    and
    BHO Demon: http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/bhod/

    Until the problem is solved.

    --
    Frank Saunders MS-MVP, IE/OE
    Please Reply to Newsgroup; Please no email.

    Frank Saunders MS-MVP, IE/OE, Sep 2, 2003