From: "PCR" <[email protected]>
Subject: Internet Explorer "IE has generated an error and will be closed"
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 06:41:13 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications

I am getting an error message "Internet Explorer has
generated an error and will be closed" i looked under
event viewer and its a general event ID error 1000. I
upgraded patches for IE and its not helping at all. i am
unable to access interenet and i dont know what else to
do to solve the problem. Any suggestions?
--

The message you list normaly indicates that IE has thrown an exception. This will add an entry to the Dr Watson log and
generate a User dump file, assuming Dr Watson is still the system's default debugger and it is setup to generate the User

If you see Internet Explorer listed in Add/Remove Programs you may want to select it and then use the option to Repair to
see if that helps.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.