"Internet Explorer Has Stopped working" when trying to download st

I upgraded my WinXP pro to vista business a few weeks ago. The IE7 can't be
used since then. When I click on a link that points to a pdf, zip, exe... ,
IE will pop up a window telling me that "Internet Explorer has stopped
working". Any idea how to fix the problem? BTW, I installed IE7 on WinXP a
long time ago before the upgrade. It worked just fine.

JimR

,
IE will pop up a window telling me that "Internet Explorer has stopped
working". Any idea how to fix the problem? BTW, I installed IE7 on WinXP a
long time ago before the upgrade. It worked just fine.

This could happen if you are using a pdf reader or third party zip utility
that is not Vista compatible.

I am using Adobe Acrobat 6 for pdf. But I don't know what is a third party
utility for exe file. In fact, most of the file types will cause the problem.

Julian

yang said:
I am using Adobe Acrobat 6 for pdf. But I don't know what is a third party
utility for exe file. In fact, most of the file types will cause the
problem.

AAR is rather old... try AAR

Julian

yang said:
I am using Adobe Acrobat 6 for pdf. But I don't know what is a third party
utility for exe file. In fact, most of the file types will cause the
problem.

AA6 is rather old... try AA8

Rock

yang said:
I am using Adobe Acrobat 6 for pdf. But I don't know what is a third party
utility for exe file. In fact, most of the file types will cause the
problem.

That's an old version, probably not compatible. Use version 8 or FoxIt
Reader.

Jdr

Rock said:
That's an old version, probably not compatible. Use version 8 or FoxIt
Reader.

"Internet Explorer Has Stopped working" in my case it was
"Ask" tool bar guilty. I've disabled it and WIE works fine now...-;)
It may help to see also this thread :

"Internet Explorer Has Stopped working" in my case it was
"Ask" tool bar guilty. I've disabled it and WIE works fine now...-;)
It may help to see also this thread :

I'm not sure why you're posting this to me.

Jdr

Rock said:
8<<<<<<< snip
I'm not sure why you're posting this to me.

Seeing only two posting ...
I just followed this interesting thread
with my humble contribution ...-;)

Have I offended you?

Rock

Jdr said:
Seeing only two posting ...
I just followed this interesting thread
with my humble contribution ...-;)

Have I offended you?

No, I was just wondering why you posted this to me. I wasn't the one with
the problem. This is a threaded newsgroup, so you should select which post
to which you reply. It should be directed to the appropriate person rather
than just replying to the last post that was made in the thread.

mikeyhsd

you will have to excuse our resident net nanny,
he gets off on virtual spanking others.

(e-mail address removed)

Rock said:
8<<<<<<< snip
I'm not sure why you're posting this to me.

Seeing only two posting ...
I just followed this interesting thread
with my humble contribution ...-;)

Have I offended you?

Adam Albright

No, I was just wondering why you posted this to me. I wasn't the one with
the problem. This is a threaded newsgroup, so you should select which post
to which you reply. It should be directed to the appropriate person rather
than just replying to the last post that was made in the thread.

Geez Rock, stop sucking your thumb long enough to pull your fat head
out of your butt and at least pretend to act adult, at least once in
awhile. This being a newsgroup, that ALONE means intelligent people
(which you're obviously not) may view posts in any of several popular
ways which is different than threaded view.

Unless specifically mentioned, like I'm going out of my way to make
sure of in responding to YOUR latest rant now because of your constant
childish antics and phony self-importance where you like way too many
others fancy somehow that the newsgroup fairy clicked her heels
together three times placing you in charge, comments are not NOT
directed towards any indvidual, unless the poster makes pains to make
SURE that is the intent like I have just now.

Not surprising it is most often some MVP due to their bloated ego that
needs reminding of proper conduct in PUBLIC newsgroups. So please,
next time you feel the need coming on to lecture, scold and just toot
your own horn for any of the stupid reason you've used in the past
instead try to rub your bruised ego in private rather than making it
obvious you're just one of the way too many comicial prima donna types
that dance here and make fools of themselves for our amusement. Ok?
Thanks!