Internet Explorer 8 Released Today

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
More...... :D

I'd forgotten I'd installed Spybot, hehe, and also chose the Explorer add-on when I installed it - oops :blush:

Anyhoo.... I updated Spybot, rebooted and strange ting but - forum links now work for me and a picture opens in a seperate window just like it used to in IE7 and I can also resize it at will. And this is with protected mode switched back on.

Colour me confused :confused: but at least that irritating popup bar has gone.

And this is a little off topic but as Yahoo e-mail was included in that favourites toolbar, I reactivated my Yahoo e-mail account, hadn't used it for about three or four years.

Is it possible to configure a Yahoo e-mail account to use in MS Outlook? I'm using Outlook 2003.

Reaction score
IE 8 makes Google panel very small

I have just downloaded/installed IE 8 - all is well except that my Google home page now has a very small entry panel that stays miniscule when I switch to Advanced Search, so small that I can not see anything I try to type. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how to correct this?
thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
henden said:
I have just downloaded/installed IE 8 - all is well except that my Google home page now has a very small entry panel that stays miniscule when I switch to Advanced Search, so small that I can not see anything I try to type. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how to correct this?
thanks.

Please don't double post henden ;) It seems you've got a new thread on it here:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3789923.php

Welcome to the site :wave:

Reaction score
I downloaded IE8 yesterday and immediately ran into problems. IE8 had no toolbars and then Firefox crashed. Fortunately I was able to download the latest Firefox on a second PC so was able to browse again. Having searched the web, and looked closely at MS, I see that many people are having problems caused by IE8. It is often impossible to uninstall 8 and reinstall 7. System Restores also do not overcome the problem. MS have offered several uninstall fixes but those also often do not work. I wonder what the few successful users above have different on their PCs from those for whom IE8 has produced a mess? IE7 users would be well advised to delay updating to IE8 until this mess is sorted by MS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why IE don’t have a simple spell check feature? I thought MS will introduce at least in IE 8 but not yet.

Regarding the interface its not so smooth on XP.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Raafay said:
Why IE don’t have a simple spell check feature? I thought MS will introduce at least in IE 8 but not yet.

I'd like to see that too - like the plugin ones for FireFox. For the moment, IESpell (www.iespell.com) does a good job :thumb:

Reaction score
Thanks

Ian Cunningham said:
I'd like to see that too - like the plugin ones for FireFox. For the moment, IESpell (www.iespell.com) does a good job :thumb:

Thanks, just tested it...its nice but does not show red underline when I mistype :( have to go to tools and click iespell to check spellings. Firefox and Chrome are best :thumb:

Ask a Question