Installing MM2

Michael

I installed Movie Maker 2, and it didn't work. It's still
MM1. So I did what everyone told me to, take the files
from C:/Program Files/RegisteredPackages/{biglongfilename}
But when I right clicked mm20ex and clicked install, a
box came up that said:
The software you are installing has not passed Windows
Logo testing to verify it's compatibilaty with Windows XP.
The software will not be installed. Contact your system
administrator.

What do I do??

Chris [MSFT]

Hi Michael,

Exactly which files did you copy over to the movie maker directory?

Chris [MSFT]
===
Additional Information -
WMP FAQ -
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

Movie Maker FAQ -
http://www.papajohn.org

From: "Michael" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Michael" <[email protected]>
Subject: Installing MM2
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:57:11 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

box came up that said:
The software you are installing has not passed Windows
Logo testing to verify it's compatibilaty with Windows XP.
The software will not be installed. Contact your system
administrator.

What do I do??

I too have got the same problem as Michael. I have downloaded mm2 and get the same message when installing. I ignore it and carry on but still have only mm1 working. I have also downloaded the winterfun pack but when trying to install it says you must have mm2, which confirms it is not installed. What can I do?