    I have my hard drive in three partitions C,f & G. How can i make sure that
    programs are installed on F instead of C which is where they normally go.
    I have set my downloads to install to F

    Guest, Apr 24, 2005

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Steve Healey wrote:

    > I have my hard drive in three partitions C,f & G. How can i make sure that
    > programs are installed on F instead of C which is where they normally go.
    > I have set my downloads to install to F

    Most applications will give the end-user an opportunity
    to select the drive to put the program. It means going a
    little bit slower through the installation screens and
    selecting, typically, a "custom" setup or installation.

    And when downloading programs, find and take the option
    to save to a different location other than Drive C, as if
    MS programmers/engineers think that everyone has a single,
    large HD partition, into some dumb-downed, effault area
    such as "My Documents" or whatever. Look for the "Save As"
    option and then specify its path and name.

    Mistoffolees, Apr 24, 2005