information bubbles

Edward Snider

How do I turn off the annoying information bubbles on the
task bar? Especially the one notifying you about
wireless connections.

THANKS!

Sriram.V

Hi

Goto start-run , type MSCONFIG. In the system configuration utility select
startup and remove the items which you dont want in the task bar.

To remove wireless connection from task bar, goto start , control panel,
network connection. Right click on it and click on properties. You will
have a message , show icon when connected . Uncheck it . This will take
the wireless connection icon from your task bar

Thanks

Regards

Sriram.V

(e-mail address removed)

| From: "Edward Snider" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Edward Snider" <[email protected]>
| Subject: information bubbles
| Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:20:42 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| How do I turn off the annoying information bubbles on the
| task bar? Especially the one notifying you about
| wireless connections.
|
| THANKS!

Bob Weissman

How do I turn off the annoying information bubbles on the
task bar? Especially the one notifying you about
wireless connections.

THANKS!

Change the registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\EnableBaloonTips

from 1 to 0.

Note that this will disable ALL baloon tips. I have found no way to
disable them selectively.

- Bob