incomplete zone installation, ZProxy failed, installer message

G

I've upgraded my father to XP. He wanted to play bridge at the MSN site zone.com. It tries to install some Microsoft software and but then gives the message, "An incomplete zone installation was detected. To correct this problem, close and restart your browser, and return to the Zone. (Reason: ZProxy failed.)" I've tried restarting my browser and then rebooting, but neither solve the problem. He is signed on to his .net account, so that wouldn't be it.

I've also been getting a "Windows Installer" message occasionally that says, "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'MsnMsgs.msi' in the box below." The box contains the path "c:\windows\temp\ixp000.tmp\." Might this be related

Need a real detective on this one. Thank you in advance.

G

From reading elsewhere, the installer message originates with MSN Messenger surprisingly. I uninstalled that using Control Panel Add/Remove as well as uninstalling the MSN Zone software, then rebooted. I then reinstalled MSN Messenger and reinstalled the MSN Zone software and everything worked fine. Hope this helps someone down the line. - Bob

Ask a Question