I'm back !!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi guys as the title states I'm back crunching. Naturally it is on a GNU/Linux box, Arch 64 to be precise.
Only started yesterday but am halfway through one unit. I will not be posting massive results as me pc needs a clean and I have throttled boinc for the moment. Though when I have managed to de dust I will still only be posting modest results as I will still keep throtling boinc. I'll have to play around for a day or two till I can find that balance of decent computing for me and spare cycles for boinc. I don't want me pc working at full bore all the time. I'm sure that I will find that sweet spot though and every boinc unit done is a help to the cause after all.
So expect to see me hanging around a bit more.
Cheers. :cool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wb Mr Barbarian, it's great to have you crunching with us again. There's no such thing as "modest" 'cause all results are valuable to the cause, aren't they. Happy crunching :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Cheers me dears.

First unit done and and waiting to report. Second unit 88% done.
breakfast.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ok. Two units done and the third is 80% done. The two done units are waiting to report. Will they automatically be sent ? :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The BOINC client will upload work depending on your settings, ie., whether network activity is "always available" "based on preferences" or "suspended." Check which you have ticked under the "Activity" tab.

To alter any settings go to the "Advanced" tab and "Preferences" then "Network Usage" tab and select the settings you want to apply.

Ask a Question