IE won't load page when opening in new window...

A

AC

Suddenly, when I click on a link from within a browser that opens the target in a new window, the new window doesn't load the specified target. This also happens when I hold shift and click on a link or even when I do the "open in new window" option from the dialog menu. Also happens when I goto a site with my popup blocker disabled... the popups show the exact same action.

I have not installed WinXP Pro SP2 yet... but I have the latest hotfixes from everything else.

What's going on is that the new window is opening, and the chrome is being painted, but the space where the page should be loaded is not painted. The new browser becomes unuseable and I have to close it, manually opening a new browser and pasting the URL into it.

Ideas? I've done an antivirus scan and killed all spybots to make sure it's clean.

A

AC

Nevermind... fixed it by following:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;281679

I had to reregister the whole list of DLL's in that article.
Suddenly, when I click on a link from within a browser that opens the target in a new window, the new window doesn't load the specified target. This also happens when I hold shift and click on a link or even when I do the "open in new window" option from the dialog menu. Also happens when I goto a site with my popup blocker disabled... the popups show the exact same action.

I have not installed WinXP Pro SP2 yet... but I have the latest hotfixes from everything else.

What's going on is that the new window is opening, and the chrome is being painted, but the space where the page should be loaded is not painted. The new browser becomes unuseable and I have to close it, manually opening a new browser and pasting the URL into it.

Ideas? I've done an antivirus scan and killed all spybots to make sure it's clean.

Ask a Question