IE refresh problem

R

Richard in AZ

A friend and I share the editing of our computer club web site.
Both of us use MS Front Page for this task.

When I make a change and save it to the host file, I can go to the club site and see the change.
When my friend makes a change, she can not see the change for more than 12 hours using IE, but she
can see the change immediately if she uses Firefox.

Her IE refresh button does nothing for those 12 hours. She was using IE6 and I am using IE7 so we
updated her computer to IE7 and got the MS updates. Still no luck. We have cleared her cache and
checked all the update setting. (Set to check for new every time she goes to the site) Her
husband's computer (using IE6) used to see the changes right away, but now it also does not see the
changes until the next day. They both use a local Wireless Broadband Service, I use a DSL service.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions? Could the local service access be a problem? (I would not
think so as the FireFox access is through the same service.)

R

Rob ^_^

Hi Richard,

It depends on what server software is running on your Hosting service. IIS 6
with Front Page extensions has Source Control. Check with your hosting
service for your sites' server configurations.

Regards.

R

Robert Aldwinckle

Richard in AZ said:
A friend and I share the editing of our computer club web site.
Both of us use MS Front Page for this task.

When I make a change and save it to the host file, I can go to the club site and see the change.
When my friend makes a change, she can not see the change for more than 12 hours using IE, but she
can see the change immediately if she uses Firefox.

Her IE refresh button does nothing for those 12 hours. She was using IE6 and I am using IE7 so we
updated her computer to IE7 and got the MS updates. Still no luck. We have cleared her cache and
checked all the update setting. (Set to check for new every time she goes to the site) Her
husband's computer (using IE6) used to see the changes right away, but now it also does not see the
changes until the next day. They both use a local Wireless Broadband Service, I use a DSL service.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions? Could the local service access be a problem? (I would not
think so as the FireFox access is through the same service.)

But not for the same User-Agent. So if there is a caching server which
is saving based on User-Agent different browsers would see different
results.

If you are clearing the TIF (or using Ctrl-F5 for Refresh) there is nothing
more you can do. Your symptom's cause is external to IE. It may be related
to IE but not caused by it.

BTW supposedly Firefox allows you to simulate an IE User-Agent.
What happens if you try using it that way?

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Ask a Question