    into my Microsoft Outlook 2007 calendar, I get a message that the file is
    "not a valid Internet Calendar file." Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

    WisconsinSteve, Apr 16, 2008

  2. WisconsinSteve <> wrote:

    > I have received several .ics files from various travel web sites
    > (e.g., expedia.com) showing my travel itineraries, but when I attempt
    > to import them into my Microsoft Outlook 2007 calendar, I get a
    > message that the file is "not a valid Internet Calendar file." Any
    > ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

    Googling this problem indicates that there may be specific iCal statements
    that OL 2007 might not like. Open the ics file with Notepad and remove the
    BYDAY phrase if you see one. See if that makes a difference.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Apr 17, 2008

  3. Thanks for trying, Brian, but none of my .ics or .vcs files had a BYDAY
    phrase. Any other ideas of "bad" phrases I should be looking for? When I
    open my files in Notepad, they seem to follow the general .ics or .vcs
    format. I am really frustrated by this.

    WisconsinSteve, Apr 18, 2008
  4. WisconsinSteve

    Gordon Guest

    "WisconsinSteve" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for trying, Brian, but none of my .ics or .vcs files had a BYDAY
    > phrase. Any other ideas of "bad" phrases I should be looking for? When I
    > open my files in Notepad, they seem to follow the general .ics or .vcs
    > format. I am really frustrated by this.

    Where are you trying to import these files from? (ie where are they on your
    computer?)

    Gordon, Apr 18, 2008
  5. The files I am attempting to import are on my Desktop.

    WisconsinSteve, Apr 18, 2008
  6. This problem has been solved. Should anyone have a similar problem, I
    thought I should share my experience with you. It turns out that I still had
    an earlier version of Outlook active, even though I had installed Outlook
    2007 (and thought it had removed all earlier versions of Outlook). When I
    removed the earlier version of Outlook, the problem went away. Good luck to
    you all, and I hope I have been able to save you some grief.

    WisconsinSteve, Apr 22, 2008