Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:46:08 -0600
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Important notify about your e-mail account.
From: (e-mail address removed)

----------atybgsijteqiwdgwcxvr

Dear user, the management of Dragonfur.ca mailing system wants to let you know that,

We warn you about some attacks on your e-mail account. Your computer may
contain viruses, in order to keep your computer and e-mail account safe,
please, follow the instructions.

Please, read the attach for further details.

The Management,
The Dragonfur.ca team http://www.dragonfur.ca

----------atybgsijteqiwdgwcxvr

Viruses found in the attached files.
The attached file Document.pif: I-Worm/Bagle.K. The attachment was moved to the virus vault.

************ End of Paste ************

Of course the obviously fake "(e-mail address removed)" tipped me off,
mainly because *I'm the management* and know that the address doesn't
exist, so the email is a definite forgery (oh so typical). What was
different was the account it was sent to. Hell, up until now my public
account has been {virus of the week} free...

Oh... Does anyone know how to change AVG's EMC so it doesn't attach
verification notices to all received posts? It's tripping up my email
attachment filter on all my normally "Plain Text" subscriptions.

Joseph Morlan

Oh... Does anyone know how to change AVG's EMC so it doesn't attach
verification notices to all received posts? It's tripping up my email
attachment filter on all my normally "Plain Text" subscriptions.

AVG Control Center
Email Scanner
Advanced Settings
Incoming mail
Certify incoming messages
With attachments only (tick)

This will attach verification only to email with attachments (including
html attachments)

Tech Zero

The voice of "Joseph Morlan" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
from the sea of virtual chaos...
AVG Control Center
Email Scanner
Advanced Settings
Incoming mail
Certify incoming messages
With attachments only (tick)

Doesn't work... That's what it's set to now!

I'm not running the Email plug-in. I use the "experimental" Email Proxy
so all the new email clients I'm trying out are protected.