I:/ refers to a location that is unavailable

Reaction score
Great... yet another problem!!

I plug a flash drive / MP3 player in and it comes up with the "what do you want to do box" and i select view files.

then i get an error saying "I:/ refers to a location that is unavailable" ('I' being the drive letter)

If i then go into the my computer and open the drive, it works.

My flash drive does not do this, but my MP3 does. When i plug the MP3 in, it comes up with the error then almost straight away i get the BSOD and have to restart

and suggestions, i also got an error this morning "This high speed device is plugged into a non-high speed hub" thid was once, and came up when i plugged my PCTV in. It hasnt come back since, so i have a feeling there is something wrong with my USB ports / drivers.

i am going to reinstall all the drivers later and the MoBo has recently been flashed.

any more suggestions?

Thanks,

KGB

Reaction score
I think i have fixed it!

I managed to connect my computer to the ethernet modem (because i dont have a wifi card yet)

and sent the error repport that came up when i restarted. this said it was graphics problem.

I did windows update and downloaded the update for my graphics card. and this seems to have fixed it

Thanks anyway

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear KGB

Just checked the message at the end of your signature....

I am SO glad that you didn't sell all your hard work.

Really well done for staying with the problem and the tenacity to fix it!!

Gabriella x

Ask a Question