I have to re-apply my thermal paste every few weeks: is this normal?

Reaction score
Well, thats me got my AS5. Just put comp back together and CPU temp is saying 39. Will see how it settles in, but so far its lookin good. Thanks again to everyone who posted to help me out :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Kenny said:
Well, thats me got my AS5. Just put comp back together and CPU temp is saying 39. Will see how it settles in, but so far its lookin good. Thanks again to everyone who posted to help me out :)
Well 39 is excellent, a friend ran a 2800XP at around 60-80 degrees for over a year, and still is today, and there isnt no problems. His mobo got an auto shutdown system which he set to 85, its not happened yet.

I cant even tell the temprature of my processor without forking out for one of them electronic temprature gauges that take up one of your CD rom size bays! It has got no hardware monitor in the bios :(, and i havent found a programme to download to find out the temp, ive tried Hardware Monitor, but it doesnt support my comp :(. So i can pretend my processor is as cool as a penguins toe ;).

Ask a Question