I Have A Problem please help

Reaction score
I have aproblem with my main computer it keeps saying the same error. The error says exactly Error: Installtion failed: D:\I386\asms. Error Message : Data error (cyclic redundancy check) this error occurs when im trying to load on XP pro but i had to reload xp because it was missing files. the missing files occured after i installed mcafee from off the internet. The error specifies two main error. Error: SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file "D:\I386\asms\52\MSFT\WINDOWS\NET\DXMRTP\DXMRTP.MAN" on line 5. And the other is same start but different file "D:\!386\asms\10\MSFT\WINDOWS\GDIPLUS\GDIPLUS.MAN" on line 4. this error only occurs when im installing XP pro but im stuck in loading XP and i cant bypass it and it keeps cylcing restart load windows and the error and i close it and it restarts and loads XP again and does the same thing over and over. If anyone can give me any help at all i would really appreciate it very much.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this on a fresh installation of Windows XP or are you trying to install it over the top?

Reaction score

i had just lost some files after installing mcafee so i thought that if i installed xp again it would find the lost files and then fix the problem so yes i think it is rewrite

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does your PC work at all if you don't try to reinstall windows?

Reaction score
the thing is i cant get past the installing xp now cause i was writting over top so i could get everything and the missing files i had and it wont let me get past it

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That isn't good news as it sounds like your CD may have a problem - CRC errors are when the data source isn't correct. Someone else here may have some ideas, but it sounds like you have have to start from scratch and reinstall everything over the top (losing all your data). You can take important documents off it if you need to by sticking it in another PC first, or perhaps using a bootable Linux CD.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So you wouldn't mind if you lost all the data on the machine?

I'm guessing you have the Windows XP in the machine and bootup from that? Is there any information or option screens before you get that error?

Reaction score
well i dont boot up with the disk it acts as if its goin in to where u see the users but then it says windows is restarting and it restarts to the installing XP pro and it asks for the XP disk so i put it in and then after a bit of loading from the disk it gets the error

Reaction score
the only thing that im worried about losing is my email that i can only get on there and its primus email and if i got to the site and try to look at my email there i jsut worried that itll clear all the email there so the only thing that im really worried about is the emails

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
So you wouldn't mind if you lost all the data on the machine?

I'm guessing you have the Windows XP in the machine and bootup from that? Is there any information or option screens before you get that error?
sry my mistake ur rite i just dont have to have the disk in to boot up

Ask a Question