I apologise in advance

thebottomline

I hope this is the right part of the forum to ask, but I must apologis
in advance if the solution is rather obvious.

Anyway, I'm rather new to Excel, but am using the coding relativel
easily and know a fair bit. But my one problem is this:

I'm creating a spreadsheet that details cricket matches and then work
out statistics (averages, strike rates etc) automatically fo
individual matches or series. I know there are sites available that d
this but I've just tried to use Excel more and more recently as I kno
its a good program that I could do with learning to use.

My problem is that in a Test series, there may be multiple Tests (fou
in the current one with Pakistan), then in each Test there will be u
to four innings, and in each of the innings there will be bowlin
statistics and batting statistics. So for each Test there would be
few sheets for each one, if it was to be as well presented as I a
hoping.

So, is there any way to group sheets in a way that shows the group as
tab, then when you click on the tab the individual sheets' tabs appea
for it? So i could have tabs that had, for example:

1st Test
2nd Test
3rd Test
4th Test
Averages

Then, if I were to click on the 1st Test, I could have:

1st England innings
1st Pakistan innings
2nd England innings
2nd Pakistan innings

Would this be possible in any way?

Thanks for any help

Bob Phillips

There is no built-in way to group tabs like that, but I have to ask, why do
you need separate tabs for one test. I would lay it out such that I had the
four innings as separate tables on the sheet, the bowling and batting
statistics as related but separate tables (again per innings), and then
summary. Add a few buttons and you could easily display the relevant part.
Personally, I think that I would try and keep it to one tab per test match
and use navigation aids.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips