I accidentally deleted my music!

G

I had some music files on my computer, but while uninstalling kazaa, the entire program deleted, taking all of my music with it. The file was too large to send to the recycle bin, so it said it "permanently deleted" it. Could the files still be on my computer somewhere, or is there any way to restore them? I am about to have a panic attack.

G

Michelle, you're in luck. I've had that exact problem. To restore the music that was in My Shared Folder, you must reinstall Kazaa. Once you reinstall, you'll have the My Shared Folder back on your desktop (and hard-drive). The trick is to now take all that music and drag and drop each one into a new folder in My Documents. Now you can uninstall Kazaa and you'll still have your tunes. This is built in to Kazaa so that you won't want to delete the program or you'll lose your music. Don't forget to run a Spyware program like Ad-Aware (free) which will rid your machine of nasty files Kazaa installs. Good luck!

G

That didn't seem to work. Is there some kind of trick to it? i downloaded from download.com. The shared folder was empty except for one song. Did I do something wrong?

G

Try going directly to Kazaa.com. Get the free version. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

P

plectrum

Michelle said:
I had some music files on my computer, but while uninstalling kazaa, the
entire program deleted, taking all of my music with it. The file was too
large to send to the recycle bin, so it said it "permanently deleted" it.
Could the files still be on my computer somewhere, or is there any way to
restore them? I am about to have a panic attack.

Once you have permanently deleted your files you need a special tool to
search you HD for images that may remain and then try and save them again.

You may find some freeware here or download a trial version of some paying
software. Then do a search for .mp3 or .wav files and see what it throws up
:

http://tinyurl.com/2cx8e

BTW, do NOT use Kazaa as it contains spyware which, if you delete using
AdAware or such like will prohibit the programme from working. Use KazaaLite
or eMule (search using Google and you'll find them).

Cheers,
Jerry

Ask a Question